SAU Community

Moving From Nz To Sydney In March

Zangetsu

Hey everyone,

Pretty new to SAU, mainly due to living in NZ at the moment, but hoping you'll welcome me all the same.

In March I will be moving to Sydney for business and want to bring my car over (permanently). There isn't really any question about it, I'll do what it takes to get it sorted.

I have had the car for three years now and it is a 1996 R33 Skyline GTS25t. I've been working on it quite a bit, but the modifications power-wise are limited due to my belief that Australian import laws are extremely strict.

Ideally I was looking for a company that could manage the whole process, shipping, certification, registration, etc. I had a look at this company here Southside Performance Imports but they have yet to reply to my email.

So some questions:

Any other recommendations on companies who can manage the import process?

Should I bother using a company and manage it myself?

If I should do it myself, do you have any information I should follow? My belief is that since I've owned it for an extended period of time it should be -somewhat- easier?

Appreciate whatever help you can offer and look forward to spending more time on this site. Some information and pictures of my car are in the garage part of this site. :)

Cheers,

James

not interested in selling the car in nz and buying another in aus? might work out to be more expensive

Selling it is not an option in my eyes. If it's extremely expensive to get it moved over I'll put it in my garage over here and leave it there for a few years. Get a mate to keep it running.

Welcome to SAU.NSW James!

To weigh up the pros 'n cons for a Sydney arrival, I'd get onto JapLink Motors who do compliancing work all the time.

www.japlinkmotors.com.au

Talk to Todd the CEO.

They're the landlords for our SAU Clubhouse too.

Laws here strict? Well you may have to repaint that blue front lip :P

Welcome to SAU.NSW James!

To weigh up the pros 'n cons for a Sydney arrival, I'd get onto JapLink Motors who do compliancing work all the time.

www.japlinkmotors.com.au

Talk to Todd the CEO.

They're the landlords for our SAU Clubhouse too.

Laws here strict? Well you may have to repaint that blue front lip :P

Thanks for the welcome mate. Where do I sign up? Currently an active member of SDU which is NZ's Skyline Club. ^_^

Also thanks for the recommendation, have flicked them an email and will see what they come back with.

The blue stays, it's everywhere. :)

Hi James,

Either Kristian with Iron Lady or Todd with JapLink can cater to your needs!

Club Membership via this link...

www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/365434-s-a-u-n-s-w-club-membership-faq/

> then another link within.

Look forward to meeting up with you!