SAU Community

Help! R32 Gtr Audio Problem

Gt-r_James

Hi guys hopefully someone can help me out with a problem I have with the two front door speakers in my 32R.

I recently bought the car so I have no history of what was butchered. It has an aftermarket head unit, 6x9s in the parcel shelf and 3 fat ass audio cables going to the boot.from behind the dash.

So, the problem is the front speakers do not work, even when the stereo is biased for the front only. The thing is though that when the alarm 'beeps' a sound comes out of these speakers.

Any ideas about what could cause this, they must be connected to something.

I plan on replaceing the factory units too, can anyone recommend a speaker/size that fit the factory attachments as I can't be bothered chopping/crafting a housing for big speakers.

Thanks in advance!

I've just had the door cards off and got the speakers working. There were two light cables (somehow connected to the alarm I assume) attached to the speakers, haning near them were some heavy audio cables, I just swapped them around and radio came through the speakers! Also there were some sweet Pioneers in there so I don't have to upgrade.

I plan on using deadener on the doors for sound quality, there are cheap rolls of it on ebay. has anyone used cheap stuff? Do you 'get what you pay for' with body deadener?

yep cheap stuff will end up on the door bottom or falling off in the heat all the time. use name brand only on doors, roofs, bonnets and boots. you dont save much when you consider you have to redo it a few times then buy the good stuff in the end anyhow. clean the panels well first and use a roller ? dont cover drain holes and watch for moving parts , windows, door locks, do it half ass, you will get a half ass job sound too

dynamat, stinger, soundstream, second skin, and a lot of other name brand stuff is fine.

jaycar not fine, falls off all the time ends up on the floor where it sticks fine to everything in sight,....... you , the cloth, vinyl, glass, just not where it belongs, and tar stains bad

your car sounds like its been hacked up by someone who has no clue, I would check a lot of the underdash wires and radio for bare wires, loose connections, but only you if know what your looking at ? DO NOT USE A TEST LIGHT!!!!! and what you think is ground can be a light switch wire , tests like a ground when off, turn on the lights it has power !!!!

Edited by Carbon 34