SAU Community

Will This Fit My R34Gtt?

rhino34

Hey all..

Looking in getting theres wheels soon but all these offsets and tyre sizes confuses the hell outta me so ill let u pros help me :)

Wheels are 18x10 +20 all round with 265/35 18 tyres

Havent rolled my guides as of yet but i will if needed..

Whilst im at it..

What is the best offsets for my Gtt.. ?

Appreciated your help

Thanks guys

will fit at the rear with 235/40/18 tyre, guard rolling and a bit of camber. the fronts however...

unless you want super stretched tyres that last 1000kms coz of the insane amount of camber wear they will have OR your willing to do some serious guard work - dont get these rims.

go for something like 18 x 8.5/9 up front with a 225 or 235 tyre and offset of 25 - 30. it will be much more liveable

Dont listen to these guys, regarding rear fitment. I'm running 18x10 +25 with 265/35/18 on the rear and there's no scrubbing, guards have been rolled. +15 to +20 will make it a flush fit I reckon, without going spastic camber as well.

Fronts I got 9.5" +30 with 235/40/18 and they stick out a bit so some camber will fix that and only scrubbthe splash gaurd on full lock. if you got wider guards (Gtr guards) u can squeeze the 10" in with a 245/40/18.

I'll be fitting my Gtr guards soon and gonna trial fit the 10" on the front and see how fitment goes.

Dont listen to these guys, regarding rear fitment. I'm running 18x10 +25 with 265/35/18 on the rear and there's no scrubbing, guards have been rolled. +15 to +20 will make it a flush fit I reckon, without going spastic camber as well.

Fronts I got 9.5" +30 with 235/40/18 and they stick out a bit so some camber will fix that and only scrubbthe splash gaurd on full lock. if you got wider guards (Gtr guards) u can squeeze the 10" in with a 245/40/18.

I'll be fitting my Gtr guards soon and gonna trial fit the 10" on the front and see how fitment goes.

How low is your car? I couldn't fit those wheels on the back of my car. I've got 245/40/18's on 9.5" wheels with +28 offset and they are quite flush, I've got less than 1mm clearance between my guard and my tyre. That's with about 4 degrees of camber. But then I'm almost tucking rim at the back. So I could fit them if my car wasn't so low.

^^ So you're running more than -4 camber and not tucking tyres, and that it "fits" ?

Are you referring to me? I'm definitely tucking tyre. I said I'm almost tucking rim. I've only got about 2-3cm of visible tyre under the guard. That's with a 40 tyre profile.

Nah talking to dori34, in your size, you already need -4 camber so i assume he is running more than -4 camber... i guess definition of fit varies between everyone

Edited by ichi-go

Fair enough, my bad.

FWIW, I'm running about 4 degrees camber because that's how low my car is, my camber arms are maxed out. It's not so I can fit the wheels. I need to get adjustable camber arms to take anymore out.

no, i am not running -4 camber or more.

its around -2 or less the last time i checked when i had a wheel alignment.

you guys might be talking about -4 camber both sides in total, i'm talking about per wheel.

Why so tall and wide?

235/40R18 is going to fit much better giving you more clearence and closer to stock rolling circumference.

Because RACE CAR

laughing-smiley-014.gif

On a more serious note, people need to realise 235/40 decent tyres (bridgestone or advan) will outgrip linglongs/federals 265/35s

You wouldnt have traction issues if you bought decent tyres :)

Did you mean to say Federal's there?? My Federal 595's out-perform my previous Khumo KU36's in every way. I mean they are no RE055S', but they're a good tyre.

Agree with your point though, better quality compound > bigger footprint.