SAU Community

Can You Fit R34 Gtt Tail Lights On A R34 Gt Sedan?

R34TRK

i just brought an r34 gt and i want to put the gtt tail lights in instead but wondering if possible

i popped open the boot and noticed it is very easy to take out.... but i dont want to buy the tail lights and fnd out they dont fit!!!!!!

and aslo wif my car its 2001 model and ive noticed my head lights is diffrent to most of the other sedans. ther insides are black and it looks alot better. i cheked on ebay there gtt head ligths and ther $550 each light! clearly worth it tho.... again will they fit it?????

thanks guys

Edited by R34TRK

From a 4 door Gt-t to your 4 door Gt i don't think there is a problem, but if you wanted to take them from a 2 door Gt-t then no you wont be able to fit them without serious modification as the 2 door's tail lights have the indicators in the center of the brake lights making the whole light section smaller than that of the 4 door's setup

Hope this helps somewhat

Steve

From a 4 door Gt-t to your 4 door Gt i don't think there is a problem, but if you wanted to take them from a 2 door Gt-t then no you wont be able to fit them without serious modification as the 2 door's tail lights have the indicators in the center of the brake lights making the whole light section smaller than that of the 4 door's setup

Hope this helps somewhat

Steve

thanks steve... are you positive on that tho???? coz the actual framing of the tail lights look about the same... but the gt 4 doors have blinkers at the bottom and the gtt just looks like it has bigger lights... dont no.. confused...

From what i can tell the whole tail light piece on the 4 door is larger because of the indicator, take a look at the back of a 4 door and a 2 door, there seems to be quite a difference in size, i had a quick search but didnt come up with a lot, but it was only quick, so mayb have another look around the forums, though i do still think that the 2 door lights are smaller

check out this thread " http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t1...p;hl=R34+lights "

all pictures of R34s, you should be able to see the difference in there, some nice pics.

:D

would look nice tho if u can sum how get it done hate the 4dr rear liights

thats what i was thinking...

im gonna go crazy im looking at my cars taillights and i rekon it will fit the gtt tailights

coz the gtt lights look bigger.. or at least one of them.

does anyone know for certain if its impossible to fit if i just brought it and tryed to fit it on???????????

They definately won't fit without modding. If you have the $ to spend then anything is possible, but I personally wouldn't bother...check out the differences below.

ahh perfect picture mate..... thanks for the help!

cheers bud

i duno if its the same as r32 4door

but for r32's, you can get the coupe bootlid, taillights& rear bar and it will fit up without much modification.

maybe this is the same process for r34 as well?

see if u borrow a coupe boot and trial fit it.

but for r32's, you can get the coupe bootlid, taillights& rear bar and it will fit up without much modification.

R34 coupe and sedan bootlids are different as well, so no go there...

thanks for your help... i just looked at the diffrence between the two and i made up my mind that i dont really car bout that.... would of been nice tho..... the only thing i dont like bout the sedan tail lights is that they look a lil smaller than the coup ones... but eny way thanks

• 14 years later...
On 29/10/2007 at 1:54 AM, RusH_ said:

From what i can tell the whole tail light piece on the 4 door is larger because of the indicator, take a look at the back of a 4 door and a 2 door, there seems to be quite a difference in size, i had a quick search but didnt come up with a lot, but it was only quick, so mayb have another look around the forums, though i do still think that the 2 door lights are smaller

check out this thread " http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t1...p;hl=R34+lights "

all pictures of R34s, you should be able to see the difference in there, some nice pics.

:D

Hey buddy, i know it has been 15 years since the last time you guys chatted here, i hope someone still looking, but im wondering how" godzila.3334" on Instagram made that possible?

Im a young teenager with a lot of dreams, no need for an answer but just some questions are in my head+im planning to buy an ER34 sedan so im searching for some info before i purchase the expensive peaxe of art and then regret it later. 

• 7 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 4:27 AM, Sb6o6 said:

Hey buddy, i know it has been 15 years since the last time you guys chatted here, i hope someone still looking, but im wondering how" godzila.3334" on Instagram made that possible?

Im a young teenager with a lot of dreams, no need for an answer but just some questions are in my head+im planning to buy an ER34 sedan so im searching for some info before i purchase the expensive peaxe of art and then regret it later. 

Hey mate, just wanted to check up and see how you went; i'm also thinking of buying an ER34 sedan, but not a huge fan of the reverse lights. How'd you go? End up buying an ER34? 

Keen to hopefully hear back from you :) 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a kit that’s sold buy a company called b.a.r. Boone ae ro in Malaysia that makes the wide rear quarters with the coupe tail lights. There’s also a few guys that made custom taillights by combining the 2 sets together a lot of custom work and wiring plus getting a East bear gtr style bumper with the rear fog and reverse light cut out. Also a company in Japan called okubo factory makes legit r34 gtr 4 doors they swap everything from a gtr to a sedan metal oem quarter’s and couple tails and complete front end with the interior as well mfd pedals cluster steering wheel, center console and seats and floor mats rear trunk bracing, battery in the trunk, engine and trans and suspension. I know all this cause I’m obsessed with doing a conversion myself follow me on instagram justin__r34 to see what I’ve done so far on mine I’m using a er34 and have done the trunk and the interior stuff next is front end then rear and motor and trans plan on going awd as well.