SAU Community

Will This Fit My R34Gtt?

rhino34

Hey all..

Looking in getting theres wheels soon but all these offsets and tyre sizes confuses the hell outta me so ill let u pros help me :)

Wheels are 18x10 +20 all round with 265/35 18 tyres

Havent rolled my guides as of yet but i will if needed..

Whilst im at it..

What is the best offsets for my Gtt.. ?

Appreciated your help

Thanks guys

Haha yehhhhhh, I've got 235's on the front of mine which sit almost flush. Lowered the car a bit too much for a car show and they did an excellent job of rolling my guards :P

What kinda wheels u have on ur gtt.. offsets? Currently still shopping but not sure what will look good..

any pics of urs?

18x10 +20 will fit the rears, but its best if you get smaller tyres, something like what shinobi_s14 posted (235/40)

I'm running 18x10+22 with 245/40's and I had to get the guards rolled, to make them fit

As for the fronts, 18x10+20 gonna cause you a whole heap of trouble lol

edit: Here's an idea how they'll fit

post-56838-0-44571000-1324648653_thumb.jpg

What kinda wheels u have on ur gtt.. offsets? Currently still shopping but not sure what will look good..

any pics of urs?

I've got Wolf S36's. 18x8.5 (235 tyres) on the front, 18x9.5 (245 tyres) on the back. I forget the offsets though, Lachlan would probably be able to tell you; eh Hank? thumbsup.gif

I don't have any good pictures of current fitment, this is the best one I have:

247983_10150201176347541_519882540_7421198_1262730_n.jpg

Wow it was truck spec back then... I have since lowered it right down so the guard is almost tucking rim. At the moment the tyre sits about 2mm inside the guards with the lip rolled. And that's with the camber I'm running without adjustable arms. When I get adjustable arms, they will sit very flush. Plan is to get 235 tyres stretched on the back so I can fit them thumbsup.gif

Edited by Hanaldo

As mentioned, fronts will be a nightmare and you would have no chance with 265's. Rears should be ok with the guards rolled and a stretched tyre?

my specs with 245's all round:

F 18x8.5 +33

R 18x9.5 +38

Rule of thumb that helps me with nissan: the higher the offest the more tuck/further in the wheel will sit; the lower the offset the more dish/closer to the guard. That's why GTR's wide body cars need lower offsets to fill the guards

do a search mate, plenty of helpful diagrams and explanations around.

Whys everyone advising against 265 on the rear? I'm running 265/35/18 on. 10" +25 with rolled guards, no issues at all. If you like the stretched look then go smaller and be cool. If you want to utilize the benefits of wider tyre and get more traction then go wider.

Whys everyone advising against 265 on the rear? I'm running 265/35/18 on. 10" +25 with rolled guards, no issues at all. If you like the stretched look then go smaller and be cool. If you want to utilize the benefits of wider tyre and get more traction then go wider.

Who advised against 265's on the rear? On the rear they will be fine depending on how low you want to go etc. It's the front where they have no chance.

Thanks for the feedback guys :) prob not Gona get them now..

Can someone please explain (in plan English) how to actually determine ur offsets and tyre sizes tho because you guys seems all have different :s

Offset is the measurement used to determine the position of the hub-mounting in relation to the outside of the wheel. So an offset of 0 will mean that the hub-mounting surface is in the centreline of the wheel, a negative offset means the hub mounting surface will be located more towards the inside of the wheel, and a positive offset means it will be located more towards the outside of the wheel. The +xx measurement you see is usually in mm's, so a +35 offset will be 35mm away from the wheel centreline towards the outside of the wheel.

Obviously this measurement means different things on a different sized wheel. So a 8" wheel with a +20 offset will not be the same as a 10" wheel with a +20 offset, as the measurement is taken from the centreline.

Who advised against 265's on the rear? On the rear they will be fine depending on how low you want to go etc. It's the front where they have no chance.

Um read the posts above they're saying to go for smaller tyre for stretch. I'd go 265 minimum on "10, stretch is cool and all but I'd rather better traction over coolness.

Um read the posts above they're saying to go for smaller tyre for stretch. I'd go 265 minimum on "10, stretch is cool and all but I'd rather better traction over coolness.

Yes, sorry, I missed a couple of posts there.

I would go 245's or 265's on a 10". You really won't notice the difference in traction between 245's or 265's unless you have quite a lot of power. I'd say it's better to spend the money you save on getting the smaller tyres on a better quality compound tyre. 245 semi-slicks will out-perform 265 street tyres any day...

...Except a wet day mellow.gif