SAU Community

Pwm Expansion For Injectors

markdem

been working on a project the last few days. in short, its a device that allows the injectors to stay open longer. i made a video about it and id like everybody to watch it because i think its easier to explain that way.

the project isnt finished. what you see in the video is the heart of the project, all strung out on the breadboard. there is still much id like to do but i'd like to see how many people are interested

suggestions and questions are welcomed :)

Edited by markdem

looks interesting, i think this is very similar to how the emanage interacts with the injectors, but you knocked it up yourself for a fraction of the cost, which is cool. should need 6 of them hey? or were you thinking of tieing the injectors in together and batch firing them?

just a thought, i think it would be better if you could trim/shorten the pulse as well. the stock ecu goes rich under load so more fuel isn't the issue. with an aftermarket turbo you may need more fuel, but you would also need a way to clamp the AFM voltage so as not to hit airflow cut.

batch fire. as far as i know, this is how a stock ecu fires the injectors.

i agree. being able to shorten the pulse width would be more effective and is certainly something to look into. this way, its less likely for the user to run their engine lean, but i will see what i can do for you :)

i plan on having the circuit turn on through a series of user adjustable gates (adding more potentiometers). more gates may be added to provide a series of smaller 'step ups' in the injector pulse

please tell more more about this air flow cut. where can i find more info on it? does it mean that the afm can only measure so much air before it is overwhelmed?

post-74771-0-22511300-1325202659_thumb.png

Edited by markdem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
just a thought, i think it would be better if you could trim/shorten the pulse as well. the stock ecu goes rich under load so more fuel isn't the issue. with an aftermarket turbo you may need more fuel, but you would also need a way to clamp the AFM voltage so as not to hit airflow cut.

ive made it possible to shorten the pulse width now. and ive improved the smoothness of pulse width changes so that the pulses dont leap up in steps. now they have a constant, gradual change

is there anything else i should do to the circuit?

Edited by markdem

looks cool mate.

so your device would modify the pulse width a certain amount over the stock pulse width?

i.e. your device doesnt simply control pulse width based on the airflow, it would still be taking into account teperatures, load, etc. because its base line is coming from the computers pulse width?