SAU Community

Fixing Sounds Of An R33 N/a Rb25De

and as a heads up a cheap supercheap cannon as a rear muffler are pointless, barely reduces noise, will alter the exhaust note to be more "raspy" which unless your a Honda lover is usually undesirable lol, and if you go to big ie anything bigger than a 4" tip people will laugh at you.

just my opinion its your car man build it how u like, still keen to see a video of the cars exhaust :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I put a Varex muffler on this which bypases the noise through smaller holes packed with god knows what to quiten it down, would I still be able to take them out?, I got one put in and I hardly heard a difference

most mufflers are packed with fiberglass, i can imagine the varex one would be to different. Personally i have no experience with the varex kits, but I've herd cars with them and when the internal valve is closed i wasn't a fan of the sound, deffinatly quiter but.

I would rather have an exhaust that has a nice note and volume all the time, rather than having something loud and raspy when open and muffeled to high hello when closed. I'm sure there'd be a thread on varex products on here somewhere.

The only reason I look at this option is because I have been told by transport my car is too loud before which is why the stocks on it atm so I thought that would be a good idea and i've heard you can get a good sound from them when opened up

i think s1 had is as an option and so they all had the fuse locations. if there is an alloy box at the back of the engine bay with brake lines going into it then you have abs.

you can see it here behind the power steering reseviour

post-24887-1165831522.jpg

Se the wire connection on the end of the pipe from the CAI, the grey and the brown plug going into the black box, what is that for?

home made varex still isn't legal. any muffler with some form of variable restrictor has to be tested at it's loudest, which is why the varex aren't legal.

moral of the story: don't be another one of those dopey P plate skyline owners driving around with a stupidly loud exhuast that sounds like arse (to everyone but you) giving the skyline community a bad name.

can't wait for school holidays to be over.........

Eh gay, it doesn't have any ABS, why would there be something in place of the 30Amp slots in the fuse box then?

My NA has fuses for ABS, ATTESSA & HICAS, none of which it has.

If you want a Varex or something similar try to source a GTS25 Type S factory exhaust. Rear muffler has a butterfly in it. You could always try your luck with the Varex and if cop pulls you up say your car is a Type S and so came with an exhaust with a butterfly as standard.