SAU Community

Another "i Got Fined" Story

Little

I remember telling an officer that I was going to contest the laser reading he gave me and he arked up about it...that might have been why :D

lol, i got the same response when a cop told me he clocked me on the in car speedo and i asked for the calibration certificate, called me every name in under the sun, he went and checked my license came back with a bretho and then told me that he was not going to give me a fine on the spot he was going to wait till i only had a few points left summons me to court and then take it off me on the spot, funnily enough when he returned with the bretho he was not wearing his name badge lol

Hahaha! See it's much easier for everyone involved if you shut up and pay the fine; and thats whats wrong here.

Whats weird is that 99% of people i talk to think the system is flawed; yet these laws couldn't be in place if the majority of people didn't support them. So I wonder what comprises the majority and where they are

right now? doing 50 in the right line over the westgate maybe? On the phone to 3aw? Riding their push bikes taking up all of beach road?

anyway....I thought we had some officers on here. Was kind of hoping one might drop his 2c. or 50c in this case. :thumbsup:

I've found some statutory declarations on the justice website; but who would we send them to? This traffic camera office place on the back of the fine?

I'm going to make a phone call tomorrow; theres a bloke who's emailed me about this and he thinks this can easily be dismissed- for a price. Anyway. Will update later.

Hahaha! See it's much easier for everyone involved if you shut up and pay the fine; and thats whats wrong here.

Whats weird is that 99% of people i talk to think the system is flawed; yet these laws couldn't be in place if the majority of people didn't support them. So I wonder what comprises the majority and where they are

right now? doing 50 in the right line over the westgate maybe? On the phone to 3aw? Riding their push bikes taking up all of beach road?

anyway....I thought we had some officers on here. Was kind of hoping one might drop his 2c. or 50c in this case. :thumbsup:

I've found some statutory declarations on the justice website; but who would we send them to? This traffic camera office place on the back of the fine?

I'm going to make a phone call tomorrow; theres a bloke who's emailed me about this and he thinks this can easily be dismissed- for a price. Anyway. Will update later.

Go back and read the thread again, one of our resident officers has posted and its clear he is a cop

sure have buddy. Which is why i acknowledged him for his 50c and looked up the stat decs.Although after looking at another post it is possible there have been two in here. cool!

Edited by Little

Spent 20 minutes on the phone with Scott from speeding fine consultants. As with anything; it is going to require a lot of effort but if we put in; Scott says he hasn't lost a hand laser case in four years. The fee is $478 for the entire case; so if it were a normal fine for one person it wouldn't be financially viable. But since there are three of us in this case its a good deal. I don't want those points anyway.

my mate on the ktm has decided to pay his fine; since he was caught fair and sqaure and he cbf'ed making the effort; but the rest of us will meet up on the weekend and get our case together. We have to discuss what was said and take photos of where it all happened; etc...

I've just done my lic and job due to laser....there were two cars f**k knows how they pinged only me.

Maybe you need to call them, your fine was probably more than $478 wasnt it? well worth a shot!

Just spoke to scott from Speeding Fine Consultants.

You explain your situation and he gives you his honest opinion about it. If its a decent case and you want to proceed, he will charge you $400-500 for a package that includes a script to read out in court as you represent yourself. But what i found amazing was his attention to detail about finding loop holes to get you off.

Ive spoken to other lawyers like

Sean Hardy

http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/contact.html

Michal Kuzilny

http://mklawfirm.com.au/

And none of them have been as helpful as Scott! If other lawyers are telling you that you have no shot, give Scott a call and explain your situation. You might be suprisingly shocked that you actually have a very good case, like in my situation.

Just read all this, fascinating stuff. Had no idea cops hated preparing for lidar cases so much, I think I might actually fight my thirty over just to clog up the system a little.

Especially if I can get a script to read out for four hundred bucks, how much is it tailored to each case jap muscle?

Also I have started paying the fine in installments, not sure if that makes it too late to fight..

Just read all this, fascinating stuff. Had no idea cops hated preparing for lidar cases so much, I think I might actually fight my thirty over just to clog up the system a little.

Especially if I can get a script to read out for four hundred bucks, how much is it tailored to each case jap muscle?

Also I have started paying the fine in installments, not sure if that makes it too late to fight..

too late now, the fact your paying it means you have agree'd with it.

yeah i had that impression, will i might fight the 'drinking while driving a motor vehicle' ticket i just got even though i blew 0.00 on the breathalyser. Spent half an hour with the cop being the most polite, sweetest, rego sticker moving so he could read it better, agreeable perp ever and i STILL got a ticket for $265

most expensive beer. EVER

Im dubious on the never lost a LIDAR case lawyer, thats not that loophole finding guy that says we dont even need licences as its our 'right' to drive and who Sean Hardy who runs this traffic forum http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/forum/ makes pains to point out is full of utter crap?

This is scotts site

http://www.speedingf...ott-cooper.html

It seems legit if a little too good to be true, god i wish i had found that site before i paid the fine in December....still he apparently isnt immune to the law himself..

http://www.brisbanet...0704-1gxq0.html

hope you havent paid the guy yet Jap Muscle..:ph34r:

edit/

the guy i was thinking of who is a bit of a scammer runs some site called aussie speeding fines, its given a fair drubbing by Sean hardy on his forum, here is one example pointing out the difference between him and Scott if you get to page two

http://www.trafficla....php?f=24&t=491

also relevant

tumblr_lxnthpf9vS1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg

• 6 months later...