SAU Community

Are Adm Gtr's Detuned?

GT-R OZ

Hi Martin

I'm looking at picking up a 2nd hand R35 which i'll likely never have the time or the budget to use on a track. If you're only going to use an R35 for street use with say some minor mods like an exhaust and a tune, are any transmisson modifications (and diff) needed for a long and happy life besides the use of your fluids?

Would appreciate your expertise on this.:worship:

Other than a fluid change the only thing I would recommend would be to replace the circlips in the transmission to stop the FWD transfer gear falling off with the resulting damage it causes. Hope that helps :)

Hello, why does this happen? Design fault?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Australian GTR's seem to post slower 0 to 100 KPH times then overseas models. Any reason for this? Is it our fuel, or are they simple arriving here with less mojo??

For what it's worth, I strapped a gps based 'Performance Box' to a stock ADM 2010 model and managed 0-60kph in 1.9s, 0-100kph in 3.7s and 80-120kph in 2.1s. (This was with the use of launch control and settings on RRR.)

I did the same without LC and clocked 0-60kph in 2.3s and 0-100kph in 4.0s. (driver only with 1/2 tank of fuel, temp around 17c)

Has anybody else measured these times?