SAU Community

V36 - Radio

I bought it off this guy in Melbourne (Import Revolution Pty Ltd), it was a straight plug-in to the original antenna socket. I picked it up in person and paid $40 only, he is a good guy and has a V36, was chatting to him for ages about my car. He's located in Bayswater, but his eBay shop ships Aus-wide.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Skyline-V36-Band-Expander-/220879380750?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336d6fe10e

It's +14Mhz so when you see FM 86.3, it's actually FM 100.3. Pretty easy to install, I've taken the dash of the V36 apart a few times now so I can nearly do it with my eyes closed now.

I bought it off this guy in Melbourne (Import Revolution Pty Ltd), it was a straight plug-in to the original antenna socket. I picked it up in person and paid $40 only, he is a good guy and has a V36, was chatting to him for ages about my car. He's located in Bayswater, but his eBay shop ships Aus-wide.

http://www.ebay.com....=item336d6fe10e

It's +14Mhz so when you see FM 86.3, it's actually FM 100.3. Pretty easy to install, I've taken the dash of the V36 apart a few times now so I can nearly do it with my eyes closed now.

Hi Steve,

I purchased a bandwidth expander over 12 months ago but have still not fitted it. I got as far as removing the glovebox and thought it just looked to risky to continue! any tips for what needs to be removed or fastest way to get the expander installed?

Chris

Hi Steve,

I purchased a bandwidth expander over 12 months ago but have still not fitted it. I got as far as removing the glovebox and thought it just looked to risky to continue! any tips for what needs to be removed or fastest way to get the expander installed?

Chris

Why you going through the glove box? I took the center dash apart, which requires around 10 screws and taking off the gear stick to do. It should only take around an hour the first time you do it.

Just follow this guide to get the dash off to get access to the back of the unit, IIRC the radio antenna is located on the bottom right (drivers side) of the radio once you pull it out. I hope the one you have is a straight plug-in?

Hi Guys

I will have the instructions to pull the dash apart on my website soon. Im doing a band expander tomorrow and will load the pictures and instructions soon.

thanks

Import Revolution

Why you going through the glove box? I took the center dash apart, which requires around 10 screws and taking off the gear stick to do. It should only take around an hour the first time you do it.

Just follow this guide to get the dash off to get access to the back of the unit, IIRC the radio antenna is located on the bottom right (drivers side) of the radio once you pull it out. I hope the one you have is a straight plug-in?

Thanks Steve,

Newan at Irev did mine for me this morning.

Nice job Newan, thanks.

Chris