SAU Community

R32 GTS4 Attessa Mods?

Guest Zoobie

Hi Everyone!

Being a first timer on this list, I'd like to start off by saying that the whole Skylines Australia Forum kicks ass! Nice work people!

Anyway, I'll get on with this thread!

I've recently purchased an 1993 R32 GTS4 which is a huge step from my EFI SSS Stanza but find myself wanting more control over the automatic torque split. Has anyone out there had any experience with a torque split controller? I have some ideas of my own, but that would involve mainly disconnecting the G-Force sensors and having a manually controlled setup.

Cheers,

Zoobie

I think the important thing to note here is that (4WD) Skylines are primarily RWD cars. The ATTESSA system only kicks in when the computer judges that its necessary.

WRX and others, on the other hand, are primarily FWD, constantly feeding some drive to the rear wheels.

So the 2 cars should handle differently.

Really, there's no real problem with the attessa....it's basically the same as the GTR (minus the GTR diffs and 50+ KW,etc, etc) but when I first got the car, I drive it pretty hard around a particular left hand corner...only to find that when the boost came in, the rear snapped out....I kept on the loud pedal but had to abort as I was passed the point of no return and came to rest facing a gutter! My crappy tyres didn't help either. I don't normally drive like this anymore...not since that incident anyway.

I'm planning on putting a Wolf 3D (Plug-in...but you didn't hear it from me as it's still in the prototype stage) so I'd like to have the 4WD sorted out in the mean time.

As for the guy who wrote the article, I'd like to think that he just got smart and bought a real car!:lol: ....but I know where you're coming from..but seriously, I'd like to thank him for writing the article since it's going to help out heaps of gts4 enthusiasts!

Cheers,

Zoobie