SAU Community

R34 Gt Tiptronic Error Code 10 (Turbine Sensor)

my gfs 34 gt gearbox keeps trippin the AT light n lockin into 3rd. its the same code (code 10, turbine sensor). so i went to nissan, ordered a new turbine sensor n put it in and same problem again. its not the sensor coz its brand new. the tricky thing with this problem is it only trips the AT light when the ambient temp is 30 degrees plus. has anyone had this problem??

Whats the temp of the gearbox when it goes into limp? Was there any metal fragments on the sensor when you removed it and did you look at the speedo section on the end of the main shaft to see if any of the notches were missing

Nah wasn't any metal on the end of the sensor. And I havnt really looked at the Speed sensor coz te code was for the turbine sensor. The speedo works fine thou and I'm not sure about the gearbox temp as I don't hav a gauge.

PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!! I got hold of a r34 workshop manual. I checked all the voltages for all the sensors on the transmission control modual cold and then once again when it was hot. When cold all was fine but as soon as it got to operating temp the throttle position sensor was earthing out. The funny thing is it comes up with turbine sensor on the tcm and the ecu has no error code for the throttle position sensor so sometimes u just gotta test all the circuits instead of relying on the fault codes. I'm stoked it's fixed thou