SAU Community

Tough Mudder

ctjet

16km sounds more like it from what i've heard too. The map isnt very helpful liek that

Well, in almost exactly 48 hours ill be lined up at the start about to get very dirty

Any tips of tricks anybdy has heard would be nice. The two things i was told to do were to tape my shoes on, and carry paw paw ointment for irratated skin.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well fcuk me

Less than 24 hours before start time and i've never felt more ready for anything!

Back feels good, legs arent sore, and ready to have a laugh

For anybody else going, ill be wearing bright orange shoes i bought from america on the cheap to destroy, so dont be afraid to hi5 on the way through.

conserve your energy at the start and set your own pace...

should be good, Ive seen the build process of the course in melbourne... cant wait for sydney...

I watched the video yesterday, looks like a lot of fun

I pick up a chest harness for my gopro the other day so will hopefully get some good video.

ctjet what time are you starting?

Edited by dasic1

I honestly dont think it was that tough, they talked it up a lot. I rolled my ankle at about the 8km mark I think (at the top of the greased lighting bit) and still managed to finish. Looks like I have broken a bone in my foot so going to get xrays done tomorrow

The electric shock was no worse than someone flicking you.

Still was a lot of fun and will be doing it again, hopefully the Sydney one in September

did you make it???

i believe the saying is... like a boss

what a truely excellent way to spend a day

lucky i left in one of the first groups, i heard it was absolute bedlam in the groups that went from 10am onwards

will definately be doing it again, was exactly what i was hoping for

Edited by ctjet

Fcuk that, I'm surprised more people didn't skip it

The ice bath and the swim killed me, shocked the shit out of my system

Had a look through the facebook pics, as you don't need to log in, and there's some great shots in there. The teletubby guys were funny as shit

Unforunetly I only heard about this 2 days before the event from a bloke at gym.

Sounds exactly like the stuff I enjoy, testing/pushing myself etc...

Would be keen for the next one in VIC whenever that is, only thing holding me back is my runnning, at a fast pace I can get 3kms in 12mins then die or 5kms in 25ish miins then die....

but some people say the running is not so bad as when it is a bit busy, you will jog, wait x mins becasue an event is busy, do the event and continue running, so you get that time to catch your breath.

Upperbody stregnth etc would not be an issue.

Birds - if theres one near melb in the future we could do it ? :)

Also, I looked into a few others. I fcking wish we had this here! would be awesome! CLICK ->>>>> http://runforyourlives.com/ http://www.theaustra...o-1226158008430

If you go early, you dont wait for anything. I didnt wait at any obsticle for one second

You dont need to be a strong runner at all to do this, just generally fit and have a good attitude. Because it was very sunny the course was relatively good fun, if you had to do it in the rain and wind, then thats a whole mental aspect that i dont think many people faced this time.

• 2 months later...