SAU Community

R32 Gtr Fabric

whizzn

Hey guys

I've been talking to a guy in last couple weeks that had couple rolls of fabric custom made in the original Ford XE ESP pattern for some Ford enthusiasts and thought it would be a great idea to get some fabric made for us GTR owners so we could retrim our interiors back to as new condition.

Question is though, how many people would actually be interested in buying this fabric if it were to be made as we would have to actually buy it by the roll?

Not sure what roll size is yet but if there's enough interest in this then i will look into it further.

I saw the quality of fabric they had made for the Ford guys and it was an EXACT match to the factory pattern, right down to the actual pigment colours in the fabric itself.

So in saying this if we were to have this made you could be assured the same attention to detail would go into making the GTR's fabric for us, this would be an EXACT match to factory trim fabric that can no longer be bought.

This is not a group buy, it is a pique to see how much interest there would be for this fabric if it were to come available!!

Yes!

Do you know a good upholsterer who could put the fabric to good use?

Any reputable trim shop would be able to retrim your seats, i would also retrim the doorcards etc whilst at it also

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this yet though, not sure if worth sending test samples off to be evaluated yet

Anymore interest?

Any reputable trim shop would be able to retrim your seats, i would also retrim the doorcards etc whilst at it also

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this yet though, not sure if worth sending test samples off to be evaluated yet

Anymore interest?

I'm interested.

Possible.

Is also see if the could make it a little thicker or robust.

Let's face it, those bolsters take a beating.

We could have that looked into also but also remember the fabric in our cars is around 20 years old now so the wear characteristics of the factory trim is pretty good

I'm interested.

Noted

I'd be interested but how much would a roll retrim? Would it do all the interior?

A roll of the 2 different shades of fabric would be enough to do around 20 interiors mate, definately enough to retrim whole interior

I'll look at getting some samples to the guy over next couple weeks, anyone know someone who has retrimmed there GTR seats and has old fabric laying around?

I know there is some material out there that is pretty close, but not 100% perfect. Ill see if I can get some samples.The biggest problem is the cloth fades pretty bad in these so the outside of the back rest is a different colour to the inside so if you get it remade make sure you give a bit thats not faded. Ive also used the ESP fabric and can say its 100% perfect.

Also on the wear point. If you notice the foam has gone soft on the side bolster where you get in, You would be better off getting this repaired before the cloth starts to rip.

• 2 weeks later...

We could have that looked into also but also remember the fabric in our cars is around 20 years old now so the wear characteristics of the factory trim is pretty good

33gtrs are getting up there in age, but their fabric seems to be holding up a little better.

It was more a thought than a necessity.