SAU Community

Fs: [Syd] Z-Tune Style Bnr34Gtr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks nomnomv8. It's nice when someone realises just because it's not a V-spec doesn't make it worth 40K

Both God_speed and I have received compliments about the non-V-Spec R34 GTR we sold last year. They came from both the new owner and his mate.

The remarks aren't just about the looks - as in the Daily Telegraph; but also the running gear, the engine and Tanabe suspension.

There was no loss of face being a non-V-Spec.

Just as yours is a Z Tune dedication; ours is a VS2 dedication.

It's about to be modified as we speak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both God_speed and I have received compliments about the non-V-Spec R34 GTR we sold last year. They came from both the new owner and his mate.

The remarks aren't just about the looks - as in the Daily Telegraph; but also the running gear, the engine and Tanabe suspension.

There was no loss of face being a non-V-Spec.

Just as yours is a Z Tune dedication; ours is a VS2 dedication.

It's about to be modified as we speak.

I think the other guy was more referring to its asking price of the 34 gtr. Originally asking 65k for a 1999 model non V spec regardless the mods as we all know the fact you never make or get your money back from mods. And now the seller finally drops down to 49k because it just wouldn't sell so obviously it isn't worth as much as people think they were. Look at God_speed's "near stock" non Vspec he sold. It was very clean and low mileage. He asked for 55k at the start and he had to drop it down to 45k and then sold it and I am pretty sure he sold it for less than 45k.

So it is all about the price that people are willing to pay for. If everyone is only willing to pay 40k for a 34 gtr, the seller will have to drop to that price to sell in the end unless he just wants to keep it. Then he wouldn't have put it up for sale if that was the case.

So it is all about the price that people are willing to pay for. If everyone is only willing to pay 40k for a 34 gtr, the seller will have to drop to that price to sell in the end unless he just wants to keep it. Then he wouldn't have put it up for sale if that was the case.

I would have to disagree with this mate..

R34 gtrs are really hard to value, the market is getting flooded with absolute sh!t examples (crashed, rusted etc) which is bringing prices right down. People see that one sells for this much and think they all should. The difference being I believe the condition really has a big effect on the price, as if I was gong to buy another 34r... I would pay more for a non vspec that was a really good example, than I would an average vspec, or vspecii etc..

If you look at good examples in Japan, grade 4.5+ genuine low km, they are being sold there for 40-50k, which makes them too expensive for importers, therefore a market here flooded with sh!t.

I do agree with the price you stated above if a quick sale is needed though, in today's market, if I was to sell mine, I would be expecting a fairly lengthy sale for the right buyer to come along and see the value in the asking price, and I wouldn't sell it (non vspec also) for less than 50k if I had the liberty to wait.

Just my 2cents... As for the OP, best of luck with the sale, car looks great!

I think the other guy was more referring to its asking price of the 34 gtr. Originally asking 65k for a 1999 model non V spec regardless the mods as we all know the fact you never make or get your money back from mods. And now the seller finally drops down to 49k because it just wouldn't sell so obviously it isn't worth as much as people think they were. Look at God_speed's "near stock" non Vspec he sold. It was very clean and low mileage. He asked for 55k at the start and he had to drop it down to 45k and then sold it and I am pretty sure he sold it for less than 45k.

You certainly keep track of the prices and posts on here Wei. :)

Sometimes it is just a case of an opportunity arising - for the buyer, the right car presenting itself, or for the seller, the right buyer presenting himself, at the right time. I've seen cases of R33 or R34 GTRs selling quickly for more than I'd thought they'd go for simply because a buyer came on the scene quickly and snapped it up; the opposite has also happened where what seems to be a quality car takes a while to sell. Doesn't mean the first car in this example is necessarily much more valuable than the second; it's just chance

Some of the junk that has emerged in the classifieds from certain traders also has not helped

And for the record, even though in this case I've now bought a Nur instead with a fair bit of extra kit, part of me still misses the old black non-V, it was genuinely a great car and the (now not-so) new owner is hopefully enjoying it