SAU Community

Abs

66yostagea

As I have said before the ABS light is on permanently in the 25G.Also the hand brake has been disconnected because it would not release.Ithas been this way for a couple of months.

Today after about 2k of driving, after stopping and turning key off, heard a strange buzzing coming from under the hood. On looking the buzz was found to be coming from the ABS unit. Turned the key to the on position and it stopped. Turned off and still stopped but then came on again. Its at it all the time even with engine running. It stops if I pull the outer 30 amp in the box under the hood. Have checked the in car fuse and it's OK. System has Castrol DOT4 fluid.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

I think the only way we are going to debug this is if I come past and plug the diagun into the car. is it visually throwing codes at all?

No the only thing I know is the ABS light has been on for yonks, before I did the upgrade. The buzzing arrived uninvited.Since pulling the fuses, front brakes can be locked. Pardon my ignorance but are there sensors on the rears of a RWD, or 4WD for that matter.

Edited by 66yostagea