SAU Community

Boost Sensor

I suggest you go for a drive and see if your gauge is showing the right boost movement across the RPM bands. If the sensor is broken than you won't be able to hold boost - at least this was what my mechanic told me when I had a E-Boost installed. However, if it is only the seal to the hose than as long as it is still connected then it should still work fine must get a clip and fasten it in place again. Hope that helps.

My boost holds fine drives fine and not anything had gone wrong yet lol I can't see anything wrong with it and ps I'm also running a defi gauge and thinking it is also a boost controller because boost is just above .5 bar and smooth all the way

that sensor is just for the dash. you can do without it, but might as well just leave it.

as for not holding boost with the sensor broken, it would need to have the hose completely removed to even see the boost alter at all, but in most cases all that would happen is the car would run a bit richer. the stock gauge may appear to be losing pressure if it is damaged though.