SAU Community

Kinugawa Wastegate Actuator?

jet2nv

hey guys im looking at getting a internal waste gate for my gt3076 as its a external gate model and im selling the rear housing and buyin a internal wastegate one

just wondering if anyone has seen or played with this internal wastegate seems to look pretty nice with the extra springs to go inside for desired boost levels

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kinugawa-Adjustable-Turbo-Wastegate-Actuator-Garrett-GT3071R-A-R50-3-Spring-/270912634695?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f13a6bf47

just wondering how it would hold up boost as ive been told to get the 14psi garrett actuator but this one is a bit cheaper just wondering if it might work the same

Thanks guys

oh really are they the same as this one

any suggestions im goin internal gate for now just cause i bought a dump pipe and everything to suit off another member

i was looking for a actuator with a minimum of 14psi :) so hopefully theres no boost spike issues and im not sure if the rear housing im buying comes with the brackets and everything

If it is faulty he will send you a new one for free. Just don't buy the housing for internal gate. Proper Garret for that one. Kandos are great for external gate but internal still needs looking at

I'm not turbo expert but I'm guessing Garret will give you the quality needed that 100 bucks could save thousands. Call gcg up I'm sure they will have one to suite

Edited by Bsa

yeah ill get the part number off them and get it from garrett direct cut out the middle man hahaha

hey just wondering i bought the mafia's dump pipe he had on his car with the gt3076 later down the track would it be able to weld the stock internal gate closed and weld a external to the manifold or is there no point as im only wanting to achieve 280-300 :) on bp98 thanks dude

ive seen a fair few results on here with the 56t .82 on 17-19psi internal gate make 280-300

the mafia made 315rwkw

i cbf getting a new dump pipe made up as im buying everything so its only a day job to put it all together

i was considering external gate but ive seen results pretty much the same using internal vs external with the .82 rear

when it comes to the .63 external for sure

I went in Mick_o's 33 with the .82 internal gate GTX3071 and can say the Garrett actuator does its job well.

The car was rapid and had really good boost recovery. I wouldnt think twice about going Garrett if its an option for you.

Blake I think the reported Kando issues are more around the housings than they are the actuators. Ive used a few of their actuators now and they work fine :thumbsup: