SAU Community

Rick31's C210 4 Door

rick31

• 2 months later...

It's been a while since I posted up any updates on the progress of my 4 door project so thought I'd bring you all up to speed. I have been working on it slowly as time has permitted, the interior is stripped out with the exception of the dash (next weekends job) and with the help of a mate the engine and gearbox our now out and the engine bay ¾ stripped.

The rust is worse than I first thought so it looks like I will be stripping it to a bare shell for repairs and it is going to take longer than I first planned but that's all part of the fun isn't it :) 3 months in and I've blown the budget and the timeline. lol

I am now looking for some bits, it would be great if anyone can assist with these things:

Surrounds for interior door handles x 2

Trim for the centre pillar for both sides

Chrome trim from the front of the guards for both sides

The little glowing things on top of the guards that tell you if your lights are on for both sides (also if anyone could tell me what they are called it would be greatly appreciated :))

P.s Thanks to Mario I now have a gear knob! Cheers mate :)

Now for some current pictures.

Trial fitting repaired guard (with a bent bumper :()

IMG_0573.jpg

Repaired guard and valance

IMG_0611.jpg

About to lift engine and box out

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Found under the seats and carpet - starting to pay for itself!!

IMG_0671.jpg

Parts needed:

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

Hey Rick, the headlight monitors, there are a set on import monster, under gc211, but are for the c211 model with optic fibre connectors

Thanks Mario but I couldn't find them, must have been to late :(

Mate has a set of door handles spare I think.

It would be great if you could ask him if he would sell them to me. I just need the black plastic trim behind the handle, I think someone has done them up to tight at some stage and the centres have broken around the screw. Cheers.

It would be great if you could ask him if he would sell them to me. I just need the black plastic trim behind the handle, I think someone has done them up to tight at some stage and the centres have broken around the screw. Cheers.

I had a pair repaired by a plastic welder, came up as good as new, cost me about $25 that might be a option for you?

Thanks Mario but I couldn't find them, must have been to late :(

Will ask him today and get back to you. They were for sale but the original buyer backed out I think.

thats is going to be one wicked classic when your done man, good job on finding that one, i thik i might hit the car yards myself today an look for some parts for my r31 lol. good luck on the rebuild mate keep us all tuned

thats is going to be one wicked classic when your done man, good job on finding that one, i thik i might hit the car yards myself today an look for some parts for my r31 lol. good luck on the rebuild mate keep us all tuned

Thanks mate, i'll try and keep this as up to date as I can. Good luck with the R31!

Whats the rear bumper like on the coupe? If its alright do you want to sell it?

Yes I would be happy to sell it. PM sent