SAU Community

Cleaning Products

asitag

anything that Damien from www.finalinspection.com.au sells. After a two day detail I now just use Final Inspection Car wash and OCW (Optimum Car Wax) but it's no longer available. I'll change to whatever he recommends when that happens.

i have tried a few different brands and haven't found much difference (short term) with the common quality brands. I have been using Meguiars for a while, mainly because they are fairly readily available and consider them one of the quality brands.

I am fairly suspiscious of any 'less known, but insanely expensive' brands that claim you only need to wax every few years, or claim they are of 'magnitue' better than anything else.

Auto Glym for everything.

i have tried a few different brands and haven't found much difference (short term) with the common quality brands. I have been using Meguiars for a while, mainly because they are fairly readily available and consider them one of the quality brands.

I am fairly suspiscious of any 'less known, but insanely expensive' brands that claim you only need to wax every few years, or claim they are of 'magnitue' better than anything else.

I just brought a package of Auto Glym, not bad at $130 for 7 bottles, clothes, sponge and carry bag. I managed to convince the shop guy to swap around the wheel cleaner to the custom wheel cleaner. :) But the Auto Glym HD Wax is pwoah, expensive! But I wonder if it's worth it...

There should be some sort of swirl remover in just about every brand of cleaner. Just make sure you follow their instructions when using it, or you could end up creating more swirls.

Black is particularly hard to keep clean, every tiny scratch or mark stands out..

Is that the valet pack in the red bag, if so how great is it, the glass polish is pointless IMO the Auto Glym HD is very much worth it, make my ivory white sedan shine like nothing else and leaves it impeccably smooth. Well worth the money. I also had acid rain stains on it and Maguires cut and polish and elbow grease got rid of it nicely!

I just brought a package of Auto Glym, not bad at $130 for 7 bottles, clothes, sponge and carry bag. I managed to convince the shop guy to swap around the wheel cleaner to the custom wheel cleaner. :) But the Auto Glym HD Wax is pwoah, expensive! But I wonder if it's worth it...

Is that the valet pack in the red bag, if so how great is it, the glass polish is pointless IMO the Auto Glym HD is very much worth it, make my ivory white sedan shine like nothing else and leaves it impeccably smooth. Well worth the money. I also had acid rain stains on it and Maguires cut and polish and elbow grease got rid of it nicely!

Yup it's valet pack in the red bag! I haven't tried all the products yet, but I mainly got it for the custom wheel cleaner, intensive tar remover and super resisn polish. If I was gonna buy those separately and from any other brand it would cost about an average of $20 per bottle, so about 15$ per bottle is not bad at all. The intensive tar remover got rid of the decals marks, now onto debadging. :)

I reckon this is a good starter kit and then afterwards just buy individual bottles as replacements and/or additions.

Edited by 81gSKy

You should see the concours pack! It's massive. Wasn't a fan of the white cloths Autoglym give you in those packs. The leave fluff and crap all over the car. I have dedicated cloths for certain sections of the car. Anal I know.

The body shampoo and polish is so good and is great value when you buy the big bottle. I also use the bumper gel on the lower parts of the car (sedan thing) and it comes up great. The oudour eliminator is great smelling and swear by it!!!

Huge fan of AutoGlym