SAU Community

Vic- Mini Cruise - 4 March 2012

Hi guys,

Thanks to all of you who turned up at the Garage Cafe last Friday. It was good fun and I'm looking forward to the next meet.

In the meantime I'm proposing a mini-cruise this coming Sunday (4 March).

The route is set out in the link below and has it fair share of twisties. The best thing about this route is that if we start in the morning, we can stop at Healesville for coffee and then decide if we want to do more twisties..in which case we can do the Black Spur...and if we need more..we can do the Reefton Spur...and if we still think our tyres need more punishment, we can do Mt Donna Buang down in Warburton.

http://g.co/maps/4hvwa

Opal will be inviting some Zclub members as well so it should be fun with hopefully some 350z and 370z in the pack.

Proposing to meet up at 8:00 am at the new McDonalds just off the Ringwood exit for a departure time of 8:30 am. (Note: if this is too early for some of you, the early birds can meet up at Healsville to continue to cruise).

If we just do the Toolangi spur stretch, we should be done in 2hrs (without stops) if you are pressed for time on that day.

Hope you guys can make it...

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by thinktea

No worries Tyler. Let me know your availablity dates in March and we might either do another run or postpone this one.

Same to all of you other guys....if you like the route and are keen on a cruise but the date doesn't suit, please post up your availability dates in March so I can get one organised.

Cheers...

So far it look like it wont be available until end of Mach for weekend cruises. But Friday garage meets are done deals.

So this is just me thinking out loud - Maybe if anyone has routes they would like to cruise, post them and we can get like a mini database of route we can use. Then plan a cruise per month (using said routes) plus the garage meet per month. If we do regular/scheduled meets/cruises, it may catch on and people can plan ahead to attend. Thus growing our group of V's and presence in the Skyline community.

Thoughts?

What time in Healsville? I cant make 8AM *cough*, I am double booked with a hangover I'm planning to pick up Saturday night

Also I agree with Tyler on the cruise routes

Edited by Dreadnought

Hi guys,

Did this run last Sunday. Thankfully the weather cleared up and we had a bit of sunshine. See attached pics. Roads were as twisty as ever but a little slick from residual rainwater so couldn't push as hard as normal. Traffic was good and clear. We bumped into a Ferarri, 2 R35s, 2 911 GT3s and a Silvia doing the same run as well, but other than that, no slow 4x4 hogging the road.

I'm thinking of doing this run again this coming weekend, considering how the weather is supposed to be much better. At this stage, I'm free on either Sat, Sun or Mon (10, 11 and 12March). Let me know if you are keen as well and perhaps we can put together a spontaneous mini-cruise.

Cheers,

Keith

post-79685-0-35747600-1330989391_thumb.jpg

post-79685-0-57985700-1330989404_thumb.jpg