SAU Community

All Imports Sydney

monga

My mate bought a 34gtr from them. :S. I don't like the condition in which it is. It has different colored panels. So something suss there.

Lol, what a joke.

A paint thickness gauge will certainly reveal aberrations etc

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've seen this car sit out the front of a house on my street for over a year

Having got some advice about running/owning a Nissan Skyline V36 350GT sedan, I'm now at the stage where I need some advice on which importer to go for. All Imports have a couple of good ones and I recently test drove one which seemed nice - 2007, 17k on the clock.

However, I went in blind with no real knowledge about what to look out for. At this stage should I get an independent mechanic to check it out - any recommendations in Sydney? Have people purchased cars from them before?

Ensure that the history of the car (from Japan) is available for scrutiny.

Take your mechanic friend to see if the 17,000Kms on the odometer is befitting of its condition.

Take the car to a place familiar with Skylines eg Tune House Marrickville and get it up on a hoist for inspection > worth the money.

BTW, I thought that the V36 was a 370GT. The coupe will suffer less depreciation than a sedan, so keep that in mind.

• 5 months later...

yes it probably had 17,000k around 2009.

The only way to get real K's at the moment is to buy through a broker - They only make their "finders fee" and have no more money to be gained in the sale.

Yes I am a dealer but I only buy to order now - I can't compete with clocked cars.

There are a lot of brokers around but you need one who manages the process - Like Iron Chef.

I do some compliancing for his customers and he break my balls to get it done ontime & to budget - While others dump their clients on you and do not tell the client the rules and pitfalls - such as certain states having strange rules.