SAU Community

Hks Evc 6 Not Increasing Boost

Hey guys, i have just installed the EVC 6 (the new one with color screen) and the unit showing no error when i set the target boost to 90kpa but i can only get right around 60kpa (stock boost value). I have tried reset everything and started from zero but still can't achieve the target boost. I have also tried to adjusting the offsets as described in the manual, verified the lines are correct and checked the waste gate type is correct.

I have been searching in other forum as well and said make sure to set the maximum standard boost setting to a value just below what the car makes on the waste gate spring after the EVC is installed. Tried this as well but didn't work :(

Any thoughts?

Cheers

JK

I have been searching in other forum as well and said make sure to set the maximum standard boost setting to a value just below what the car makes on the waste gate spring after the EVC is installed. Tried this as well but didn't work :(

Any thoughts?

Cheers

JK

?????? An ebc can't lower your boost. If you have set you maximum boost below your wastegate pressure it isn't going to do anything.

?????? An ebc can't lower your boost. If you have set you maximum boost below your wastegate pressure it isn't going to do anything.

Actually i have set the standard maximum boost at 58kpa and the target boost at 90kpa. Its stated in the manual that the abc will 'learn' from the car while achieving standard max boost and from that it will increasing the boost. Confusing.....

Hks evc doesn't lower the boost when it's set to "0". That's where you're meant to start anyways on top of the stock boost. i.e. set the evc to 0, then find the stock boost which he said 58kpa? then you set the evc to add additional 32kpa since his target boost is 90kpa.

what do you mean "max boost", I have EVC6 to ,not colour, and you have to set base boost at 58kpa and the EVC will work from there, if you have set "max boost" at 58kpa then it won't boost past that,

I set max boost at 150 on both cars just it case of spikes in lower gears

Cheers mate i did try everything on the setting i can and not on the hardware yet and there's still nothing happen. Guess i might just stop by at my mechanic by tomorrow to see what he can do.

I found the "quick operating manual" for the evc6

1- on

2- pas (kpa)

3- S (internal gate)

4- max normal boost ( I see what you were saying now)

5- turn till the target kpa and set

6- offset (fine tuning for if the boost trails off up top)

If that is what you have done and the lines are round the right way and connected on the car correctly then i would say its broken, there is not much else that it could be.

how have you connected it into the car?