SAU Community

Desperatly Seeking Metal Work Trade

sluttydriftpig

Hey guys/girls im new to this forum so not sure where to post something like this.

Basicly im a 19 year old seeking another job in the metal trade.

I used to work for a place called Denkat trucks building custom made truck body's and special fabrications that company's required for their trucks e.g hydraulics, tie down point's, door ways, tail gates (not so much experience) and tow bars.

I have around 7 modules left till i complete my Automotive vehicle body building cert III. Also done abit of work experience here and their building radio towers, pannel beater, storeman.

I consider myself very handy for my age and fabricating metal is my passion. I am very good at mig welding oxy cutting etc and can weld to a degree with a stick welder, i have also yoused machines such as gillotines, benders (pipe/sheet) and i currently have my forklift license with reasonable experience on a few types.

At the moment my license has been expired for another 1.5 mth but appart from that i have reliable transport to and from work, i like to shop up atleast 15 20 min early as im sure my references will tell you.

I have prety much all of my tools $1000 speedglass welding helmet, face shield's goggles workwear Kingchrome top box full of tool's and a bottom box on rollers with even more usefull stuff (old boss realy hooked me up)

Thanks for spending the time to read all this and if anyone know's someone with a full time position/apprenticeship available or basicly any sort of lead i would be gratefull and if it leads to something good 6 pack may be provided Because ive been in and out of trials for nearly a year now and no one has realy had the work/hours to put me on full time and i desperatly searching for a foot in.

Dan.

Ive been to all the industrial estates in tweed, currumbin, burleigh, murwillumbah and yeah thats the problem im finding, they either want fully trained with a minimal amount of experience.

and i have ally welded heaps of diferent things, ally truck base, ally gates, etc

Dan if your willing to do FIFO or move up here there is alot of adult apprentice jobs going at the moment.

as booztjunky said get on seek or something and have look or try the Bechtel website

Myself and a heap of mates left Tweed years ago due to no work in well anything...espesially trade stuff....Sorry to say but looks like a move is needed...have you tried the Mines?

• 2 weeks later...