SAU Community

Factory Upgrade Replacment For R33 Gts-T S2

hey guys,

got the car back from the tuner the other day, he said the stock turbo has about 15,000 klms left on it depending how i drive it. i am looking at just replacing it with a factory one again BUT i was wondering:

is there a DIRECT REPLACMENT bolt on turbo aftermarket? not a nissan one? to potentially get more power later on?

He said there's either bush wear or something else I can't remember, it makes noise you can hear it...i can hear it too. I'm very happy with what it made on the dyno tho haha

Thats crazy that they know how long the turbo will last, what are the reasons it will die?

Thats what I was thinking lol, pretty advanced to be able to tell 15000km left from the noise. Anyway in regards to your question I also suggest just hiflow it and youll have a new better than standard turbo, whats to say another stocker youll buy isnt on its way out soon aswell.

If it is a stock turbo and the bearings are already on their way out, there is no telling when the ceramic wheel will start hitting the housing and the ceramic wheel ejecting itself from the shaft and taking the engine with it via ceramic dust (GTRs more susceptible) or the wheel safely ending up in your cat converter.

ive enquired about a turbo for sale on here, and maybe picking it up next weekend. its a r34gtt turbo the op6 rear housing one, i heard its a stright bolt on swap. is that good to use? no detonation? can i just fit it and get no tune? will it run on stock boost from this turbo?

ive enquired about a turbo for sale on here, and maybe picking it up next weekend. its a r34gtt turbo the op6 rear housing one, i heard its a stright bolt on swap. is that good to use? no detonation? can i just fit it and get no tune? will it run on stock boost from this turbo?

It's a slightly bigger rear housing on the op6 tho they have a nylon front wheel aswell apparently only good for 10-12psi tho it's debateable

U might get away with it but if it was me I'd put it on the dyno

It will work. And if you ever high-flow it you will get an even better result (they're slightly bigger than older RB25 turbos).

Yeah I was gunna say that also .

If u get it retuned with that turbo u may make a squidge more power due to the better flowing rear it will also be a lil but lagier I would think

Yeah I was thinking that. So basically I can put it right on, and it can only take 10-12psi max? For now I can't afford a tune and I just want to swap it right over and go for now..until later

If you are going to just whack a stock turbo on, then the R34 would be the choice, it's ball bearing and will be less likely to eject it's ceramic wheel due to age vs a R33 one.