SAU Community

Tyre Suggestion

ecl

ill be going with michelin super sports in 21" next - though im limited by michelin's sizes so fronts will be 2.7% out, rears are available in my current size

a few of our cars have them now as oem fitment and they are a great tyre

i really need more grip then my yoki advan sports offer (back when i bought it was the best option for my wheel sizes)

Edited by domino_z

sort of OT.. are there any additional steps when changing the tyres as the tyre place may not have done a GTR before.. e.g. TPMS reset etc? I heard/read that the TPMS needs to be resetted or something?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Any comments on the Toyo R888's?

I like the idea of the wider fit, non RFT for a smoother ride on the road and I know the grip is supposed to be good but, how about the wear and road noise?

about to buy, so comments please.

Very noisy and with a UTQG of only 100 will not last long. (Compared to say 180 for the Dunlops - so basically close to half the life expectancy).

Upshot is the grip is much better. So really more suited as a track tyre than a full street tyre IMO.

I have just put the Michelin Super Sports on. I had a new set on my E63 AMG & they

were excellent on that. On the GTR the ride does seem marginally better but they dont

look quite as wide on the rims as the run flat Dunlops did.

Martin was having trouble with the Michelins spinning on the dyno recently so the harder

compound (500 vs 300) obviously affects the grip.

On the street they feel good. Have not driven hard up in hills yet so will test them soon

and see. Is always difficult comparing to old worn tyres. I had 9000km on the original Dunlops

& they were pretty trashed so any new tyre would be an improvement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• OK, so, assuming that there is nothing wrong with either the original or new boost sensor, then it would seem that there might be something wrong in the loom wiring to that sensor. This is troublesome, because if that were true, then you might expect the problem to persist when the sensor was unplugged. But seeing as the voltage comes good when it is unplugged, it would suggest that the fault might (and I stress might) be right at the loom plug. Either that, or the fault might be at the ECU, on the line in from the boost sensor. When you unplug the boost sensor, that input at the ECU is isolated from the TPS sensor and can't affect it. This would be semi-bad, as an ECU problem is never welcome, but at least you'd know where the problem is and it might be fixable, or at least replaceable. Do you have Nistune, or any other way of looking at ECU data? I'd want to drive the car around with the boost sensor unplugged and see the TPS working properly, then not working properly with the sensor plugged back in. You're not trying to run more than ~18 psi either? Right? Because even with Nistune that can be difficult with the boost sensor connected. Just checking, in case it might have some bearing on the issue. It shouldn't cause the voltage situation you're seeing though.
    • Need something reliable, like a Mazda (non-rotary), or a Honda, or a .......... Commodore 🤣, the only issue with my cars is me 🫤
    • Then sell it and buy a BMW! I can totally relate to this (except the money part! ). I think for me I need to remind myself that I do enjoy the process and to stop being so damn impatient and eager to get it done. That just leads to frustration and broken stuff.  Built not bought. Wait.  Fixed, not fought? No ... Definitely fighting things. Definitely not fixed, I give up. Cars are pain.  
    • This week is the McLaren F1 GTR around Le Man.  I have a 3:48 ish I think (from memory) which is 2 secs off silver.  My issue is that I did a heap of the current daily race c around Le Man with the 787B first and switching to the McLaren is hard.