SAU Community

Er34 Fuel Gauge Problem

Alfred Y

Hi Everyone!!

My 34 GTT had recently got this problem, the fuel gauge does not read accurate, It keep dropping till empty and then rise back up to half tank level or 3/4 level. I have read one of the topic about the fuel sender in a R33, but I could not find that in my 34 need some help or advice please. the post I had read is this one http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/363010-fuel-level-sender-cleaning-r33-gtst/page__p__5797378__hl__fuel+gauge+fault__fromsearch__1#entry5797378

In the fuel tank with the fuel pump

Sorry I am a noob!!! Can you tell me where is my fuel pump? I have opened the fuel tank from the boot but couldn't find it. Do I have to take the fuel tank off the car to remove it? please help!!

More clear I find some wire inside the fuel tank but I couldn't find the pump does the pump locate deep under the tank?

Edited by Alfred Y

not sure about a 34 tank but a 33's pump isn't too deep inside the tank, if their roughly the same follow the wires that go down into the tank, the pump should be toward the rear seat side of the tank on a bracket about half an arms length inside the tank, it's mounted to a slip on bracket so it all just lifts up off the bracket and slides back in =)