-5's On A 2.6Ltr

sydking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Located in Canberra here, but I found with the extra boost and a tune over the standard they came on about the same time just harder. Without knowing what you are doing with the car it's hard to say what they will do. Without any mods I would guess they would be laggy, with supporting mods as responsive as standard, with a stroker sky's the limit.

There are a few guys with them and the KEY is to get a tuner that knows how to bring them on early and get good results. I'm planning on a -5 upgrade sometime in the future just don't know when the funds will clear up to allow it.

Check in for the next Texi @ Quaker's hill in June and I'm sure there should be someone running a -5 set up. Paul's car (Piggaz) is a 2.8 stroker with -5 and the thing is a real beast (also on e85).

Problem is most of us with -5s seem to have bigger capacity engines Paul's is a 2.8L, mines a 3L, steveo's is a 3L

Edit pm GTRAAH his is a 2.6 with -5s, tell him Brett told you

Sydking, I was wondering by what are all of these supporting mods you think of using?

Good question

I spose its all the usual though,

Built top and bottom end 26 with cam shafts, intake cam gears ect ect, 87mm cp piston kit, hks step 2 valve springs. Dont really need to name the rest

PFC

3.5" exhaust, Nismo Front pipe and 34 GTR dumps. Decat

34 gtr airbox

Stock gtr cooler

4.11 Gear ratios

• 2 weeks later...

i have -5 on a 26 with supporting mods , check my signature for mods and results , personally think a great set up not as laggy as people think , bit more that std

What manifold, dumps and intake set-up are you running? did you port/ceramic coat anything?

Your build list is pretty much indentical to mine but hadn't made the decision on -5 or -7's yet.

and yeah +1 for rpm dyno sheet.

standard manifold , Tomei dump pipes , no porting or ceramic coating , I should of got port work done , would of been better.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=360122

should of also mentioned its on E85