SAU Community

R33 Wont Start, No Fuel

lui

Ive just put the engine back into the car and hooked everything up, installed a 040 pump. Car wont start, the pump primes but theres no fuel going into the hoses, i disconnected all hoses from the pump and they are dry, no fuel. Thought it might be the pump so i put the stock one back in and same thing. What could be causing it?

Have just installed:

Nistune

555 injectors

040 pump

Z32 afm

Could the ecu or afm be causing it?

Car is a r33 with s2 engine and has half a tank of fuel, pump is submerged so should be picking up fuel

Edited by lui

Ive just put the engine back into the car and hooked everything up, installed a 040 pump. Car wont start, the pump primes but theres no fuel going into the hoses, i disconnected all hoses from the pump and they are dry, no fuel. Thought it might be the pump so i put the stock one back in and same thing. What could be causing it?

Have just installed:

Nistune

555 injectors

040 pump

Z32 afm

Could the ecu or afm be causing it?

Car is a r33 with s2 engine and has half a tank of fuel, pump is submerged so should be picking up fuel

Check that you haven't reversed the polarity on the fuel pump. It will still prime, but it will be spinning in reverse.

Do you have access to a known working Z32 that you could try? Does it not start at all with it plugged in or does it start and then die very soon after??

Edited by Hanaldo

yeh starts and dies, have followed the correct wiring, orage = signal, white/black = 12v, white/blue = ground, have joined white/blue and another black ground together. Are the grounds ment to go together or seperate?