SAU Community

Tokyo Imports (Liverpool) Experiences?

playboi14

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know if any of you have looked into a car importers called "Tokyo Imports" In Liverpool NSW.

I remember ages ago there was an importers directly next to the Nissan dealership in Liverpool, and this place has opened up across the road from them.

I went in there a few days ago to look at their stock, and they had some decent V35's and also a nice R34 and Evo, but was just interested to see if anyone from the forums here have dealt with them before, as they told me that they have been operating for years but this is their final address.

The person who I spoke to was a small Indian bloke and he seemed alright.

I had a look at one of the R34's and it seemed to be quite nice (though it had the occasional chip & scratch here, but nothing significant). The engine and interior seemed in good condition along with the exterior. At a decent price (For comparisons I am looking at R34's from Carsales, and they seem to go between 14k - 19k depending on year model, kilometres, wear and tear etc. They wanted 18,000 for a 1999 Yellow R34 (Manual 2 Door) which had the series 2 all round body kit, plus the huge wing that seemed to come on a few models - Ive attached a pic of what it looked like from a car on google )

I am interested in getting an R34 soon, and would like to know what anyone knows about these people, Are they reliable? Are they genuine? Will I buy a car from them and have it fall apart in 15 seconds? etc.

They say all of their cars are fully imported from Japan, and are complied to our regulations, but again I am not a mechanic so I have no idea what this actually entails.

Any info would be great guys!

I just want a nice normal R34 that hasn't been through every person in Bankstown and their cousins, and will just be a decent drive.

Regards

post-85874-0-77556700-1335661662_thumb.jpg

post-85874-0-23229800-1335662097_thumb.jpeg

Hey,

Im note sure. I remember ages ago (10+ years ago) there used to be a 'Tokyo Imports' car card directly across from Nissan in Liverpool. Now a new one has opened up right near it and is selling V35's and other imports.

I'm quite interested as the cars seemed decent, but again I am not sure overall.

Not willing to throw 14- 18k on a risky car from unknown people (though i guess its pretty much the same as buying from some random guy on carsales or here lol )

OK cool. So overall are they decent people? If I'm going to spend a fair bit on an r34 I want to make sure that they are decent. Having moved a few times worries me. They could up and leave a week after I get my car and vanish again.

Thanks for ur input. I want to find as many people as possible who have got their car via these guys

• 2 weeks later...