SAU Community

Will A Rb25Gtt Still Run With No Turbo..?

Iv been thinking about buying another r34 but get a gt-t model. problem is im on me p's still. is it possible to take the turb off and get a new exhaust header built. Would you have to change the ecu.? if so are the wiring looms the same in gt and gt-t models.?

other thought was to buy and drop a n/a motor in the gt-t body and drive that untill im off me p's. then in the mean time i have the gt-t motor to play with. can rebuild it and when im on my opens i can drop it back it.

will the wiring harness be the same though.?

i imagine this would of been answered before.

thanks

mat

Iv been thinking about buying another r34 but get a gt-t model. problem is im on me p's still. is it possible to take the turb off and get a new exhaust header built. Would you have to change the ecu.? if so are the wiring looms the same in gt and gt-t models.?

other thought was to buy and drop a n/a motor in the gt-t body and drive that untill im off me p's. then in the mean time i have the gt-t motor to play with. can rebuild it and when im on my opens i can drop it back it.

will the wiring harness be the same though.?

i imagine this would of been answered before.

thanks

mat

it has been answered before....

car will still be illegal to drive on your p's. Will still be registered as a turbo vehicle and the cop is not going to care if you 'took the turbo out'

If I were you, I will puchase a normal car till I'm off my p's. Just get whatever you want after your probation.

There is absolutely no point in telling him this.

OP is gonna OP.

car will still be illegal to drive on your p's. Will still be registered as a turbo vehicle and the cop is not going to care if you 'took the turbo out'

oh right.. i didnt know this just thought if it had no turb it would be ok haha. definitely no way around it then, gotta wait..

cheers for the info guys.. and yes im new and im still figuring out how to drive this webpage

you got me on a good day, so i won't just post things like the above people (normally i would). i'll explain to you why it is a bad idea to pull the turbo off. turbo engines run lower compression than the non turbo versions. this is to account for the extra air being forced in by the turbo. this means that if you pull the turbo off a turbo motor it will make less power than the non turbo version. so what you would end up with is a car making roughly the same power as a hyundai excel (and i'm not joking) but weighs about 300kg more.

as for dropping a natro motor in its place, well as people have said, the car is still registered as a turbo, so no dice. plus the fact that it's a waste of time and money.

thanks mad082.. i can see why.. and i didnt think it would ever work but my dad keeps saying it would and i keep telling him why it wont so i asked :D. i also told him it would be much more fuel Hungary due to the less compression in the combustor.

as people have said i dont think i will wast my time.

though.. if the motor was changed to n/a and it had an engineers cert and vic roads had it changed, legally wouldnt this now be a n/a as the n/a motor is now registered to the car.?

the reason im asking is because i wanna get another 34 as my 34 has all the sat nav sh*t and pop up screen in the dash. i want a double din unit in there and the dash to be flat at the top. There is no reason i cant change it i just cant be bothered doing it and cant get a hold of the parts.. so i want to get a 34 that dont have the sat nav option and has the double din and all :D..MY RADIO DONT EVEN WORK.. its the worst

might just try hang out the 12 months and get the tt....awwww

thanks again guys

Edited by madmatsmadhouse

Talking from personal experience.

It will still run, and will run like sh*t.

Also important to note that the RTA has gotten smarter over the years and will still see the car as a turbo car as they go off the chassis, regardless whether the turbo is still in there or not.

Talking from personal experience.

It will still run, and will run like sh*t.

Also important to note that the RTA has gotten smarter over the years and will still see the car as a turbo car as they go off the chassis, regardless whether the turbo is still in there or not.

so i should do it the other way and wack the turbo in my n/a :D haha

i would see the motor swaps as a project as 1 would of been something to work on.

and changing the stereo isnt the hard bit its finding the shrouds from other cars thats hard to get

pretty sure even going through all the work of changing the motor and getting an engineers cert would still be illegal for other reasons than posted above. i may be wrong, but i have a feeling that replacing the engine with a different one that the car originally came with is classed as an engine mod, which P platers aren't allowed to do

just to clarify what i mean by "different one to what the car came with", replacing a rb25de with another rb25de from the same model car is ok, replacing a rb20de in a r32 with a rb25de from an r33 isn't allowed

haha :D. is there something in a gtr where you can switch from rwd to awd..? iv seen a thing in a mag once where a 32gtr could do it i think..

i like the rwd :D iv been driving a tx3 turbo awd for the past 2 years. thing grips like rails but just aint as fun. i like the r34