SAU Community

Quick Qs Re. Tein Springs

Hey guys,

Just bought a set of Tein S.Tech for my coupe which will give my 350gt a 1.2"/0.9" drop front/rear.

Just wondering if I need camber in the rear (G35driver seems to recommend it) and can the camber kit be directly fitted onto the stock shocks or do I need to buy something else?

The camber kit looks something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/02-03-04-05-06-07-08-NISSAN-350Z-Z33-G35-COUPE-SEDAN-FAIRLADY-REAR-CAMBER-KIT-/320900165107?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab723edf3#ht_1037wt_1161

Cheers

You don't NEED a camber kit with only that much drop, but it will get you better surface contact with the road if you do get one.

I would also steer clear of the ones you listed - they are just too cheap and Godspeed is know for some pretty dodgy stuff.

I have these, and they do the job perfectly - over 50,000km on them and not a single issue. you have to wonder why SPC ones retail for $450-odd dollars in shops (and $175 on Ebay - I paid around $250 for the same nearly 2 years ago), and the ones you listed are $75.

http://www.ebay.com....=item35bbe0bf4e

and the camber kit is completely separate to the shocks - they mount to a different part of the car.

Thanks for that nightcrawler. Once they're in, I'm going to let them settle before I decide whether to get camber and I will steer clear of Godspeed.

My question wasn't clear earlier, I'm trying to ask - is installing a camber kit an easy DIY job with no additional drilling/adjustment required?

Yep it is a diy job, but obviously you would need to get a wheel alignment done ASAP after lowering the car and adding camber arms. It is simple bolt-on. And if you are out North/North-East, Adelaide Radial Tyre on North East Rd do the best import wheel alignments around.