SAU Community

Starts First Go - Rough Idle/revving - Stalling

DEATH

Hi Guys,

Just got back from overseas and needed to start the car after letting it sit for quite a few months. Car was serviced before I left for overseas and has only seen around 100km's since that time (mechanic drove it from the shop and dropped it off, and I took it for a quick spin to get washed) and was running completely fine after the service. Today I decided to start the car and take it for another wash - It kicked over first go (I thought the battery would have drained by now but it didn't which was a good sign) - but I noticed it was missing heavily and very rough at idle (engine shaking/surging) - after a minute the car stalls. It did manage to kick over a few more times and has absolutely no problem starting - but continued to sound very erratic and kept stalling after a minute or so.

I've uploaded a short video, and while I know it's not the greatest and there are probably heaps of variables - I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction as to what to look for. There is no way I can limp it to the mechanics like this as it keeps stalling - so I'm hoping it will be a simple fix (leaky vacuum or something)? I did a search but doesn't seem like anyone has the exact problem I do nor on my engine.

The car is a 1993 R32 GT-R - it does have a powerFC and splitfires but standard injectors, pump, AFM's, etc.

http://www.filehosti...12/IMG_0466.MOV

I stopped the vid just before the car stalled.

I'll have to pull the plugs + AFM's out tomorrow when the sun comes up to check them - but if anyone has any advise before I start would be greatly appreciated (hoping to save my knuckles if I can)!

Edited by DEATH

As a side note - Car is not blowing smoke (weird seeing as it would always at least puff out one dark cloud on startup) - so not sure if it is running very lean now.

And it is quick to rev and is happy to rev up the RPM range (although you can still hear/feel the misses during this time and I haven't wanted to keep revving it alot and to very high RPM incase it is running lean and decides to go *POP*). So I don't think it is the CAS (but could be proven wrong)...

dont know how good fuel would be if it was left for a few months..

Mine sat for 8 months while I was overseas and didn't miss a beat. And my bike for nearly 18 months and was all good after 10 seconds of coughing.

Thanks guys - I have a feeling it is a vacuum leak or the PowerFC has somehow lost it's tune. I'm going to check the sparks/coils/AFM's tomorrow if I get a chance, just to rule them out - and going to have to start the slow process of removing everything to check all the vacuum hoses. If anyone in Melb (around Glen Waverley) wouldn't mind coming down with their PowerFC sometime to plug in to see if the car starts and idles ok - (will only take 5 minutes max or less if it's already out of your car) would be much appreciated.

Maybe a couple of your fuel injectors have siezed up? when i got my injectors cleaned the guy said that they can seize up and they need a tap to free them up. Not sure if that means removing them though, maybe someone else would know.

If you think bout it, nothing has changed its just been sitting there.

R33

One time - I forgot to tighten up my inter-cooler piping and this happened.

I found one of my vacuum lines went connected This happened

Also make sure all coil packs are plugged in #2 wasn't clicked right in for me and so it would still arck across some times but would miss and run rough

Edited by Luke stock R33