SAU Community

Clear Coat In My Rear Dish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, call up a local panel shop and ask who does their wheel repairs or call someone who deals in second hand rims. You should get a point in the right direction from either of those.

You could get a crappy old wheel to practice on but maybe, just maybe if you rub back the rim with wet and dry and then paint a new clear coat on yourself this may do the trick for you.

Or take them to a good panel shop and get them to quote on repairs painting maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Ozwheel Australia

U1/ 86 Glossop St

North St Marys NSW, 2760

Phone: (02) 9623 7179

Well priced, great quality work.

Peter is the Bomb!

Edited by krayzie32

• 1 month later...

My mate DIY'd his dish. He got 1200 wet and dry and sanded it back real good. He then got that chorme/metal cleaner (can't remember it's name) and it looks like new. Much cheaper than getting someone to re-clear them.

• 4 weeks later...

My mate DIY'd his dish. He got 1200 wet and dry and sanded it back real good. He then got that chorme/metal cleaner (can't remember it's name) and it looks like new. Much cheaper than getting someone to re-clear them.

It should be hard to do yourself 1200 wet sand then polish presto i think i need to do this on my volk gt-c they starting to look abit dull

This is the problem with not applying a clear coat over the polished surface; alloys oxidise & go dull if you don't seal the surface.

Or you can keep on poishing...

This is the problem with not applying a clear coat over the polished surface; alloys oxidise & go dull if you don't seal the surface.

Or you can keep on poishing...

It's been a number of months now and they still looks like new.