SAU Community

Blocked Water Line To Turbo Rb20

hey guys

got a new td 06 20g turbo took off my old turbo which was only oil cooled and the new one is water and oil cooled when going to unblock the water the line that runs behind then back of the motor ontop of bell houseing and goes into the plenum it is full of black mud shit guessing because it hasnt been used in the last 4 years. is this water return line????

how do i unblock this????

can i blow it back with a air compressor to unblock?

can i hook the turbo and all other lines up and start the motor will this unblock itself and then hook it on the turbo? but 90% sure its the renturn water line so it wont do f**k all if thats the case......

can any one help???

Just jam a bit of coat hanger in the end until you get through the muck and then pump some water through the engine with the hose to flush it out properly before connecting to anything.

Better to get rid of it now. It's not a big issue, i had to do the same when going back to a water cooled turbo.

Tryed unblocking with metal wire only got so fare and wouldn't budge thinking bout on hooking both hoses and gettin the air conpresser onto it blow all the shit out

either that or buy a new hose

go online and buy a datsun L26 or L28 Oil filter stud.Basically you want to find one for the 240z or early 280z.

This will allow you to delete the oem oil cooler.

This is the Oil filter stud

100_0727.jpg

before

100_0728.jpg

100_0732.jpg

after

stud.jpg

You can install a greddy oil filter relocation kit or any sandwich plate to run your oil cooler.

It's best you shop for a aftermarket oil cooler

There are some cheap ones out there that work fine for the RB20/RB25.

This does requires to move and plug some of the water hoses.Nothing hard.

Super easy to do.

either that or buy a new hose

Not sure who is getting confused here but I think op means fitting in inlet manifold is blocked. The water tube Runs between the fuel rail and head but is part of the inlet manifold. The other end comes out behind number 1 injector.

Not sure who is getting confused here but I think op means fitting in inlet manifold is blocked. The water tube Runs between the fuel rail and head but is part of the inlet manifold. The other end comes out behind number 1 injector.

IF he is refering to the tube thats running under the manifold it BOLTS onto the bottom of the inlet. . .he hasnt specified wether its a RB20 or RB25 (have taken it off my RB20 and blocked off feed from head)but they both bolt on, if that one is blocked up i would be suprised as they are of large internal diameter

go online and buy a datsun L26 or L28 Oil filter stud.Basically you want to find one for the 240z or early 280z.

This will allow you to delete the oem oil cooler.

This is the Oil filter stud

100_0727.jpg

before

100_0728.jpg

100_0732.jpg

after

stud.jpg

You can install a greddy oil filter relocation kit or any sandwich plate to run your oil cooler.

It's best you shop for a aftermarket oil cooler

There are some cheap ones out there that work fine for the RB20/RB25.

This does requires to move and plug some of the water hoses.Nothing hard.

Super easy to do.

i removed factory oil cooler off a R33RB25DET and used alloy oil filter block and pressure sender off a R32RB25DE, it bolts straight up. . . this enables me to use factory 32heater hoses/metal outlet-inlets on the 25 going into my 32

U guys are way off topic buddy it's the water line that runs to ur turbo and then runs behind the motor/ ontop of the gearbox bellhouseing into the plenum it's a water return line it's blocked tryed unblocking it today still wouldn't unblock im

Just gonna leave it blocked and run a t piece hose from the coolant lines that run through my throttle body so that way it can still flow back into the coolant system and when I pull the motor out and fix it then