SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

Does anyone in newcastle have an old crappy turbo they dont want (the cheapest of cheaper china, i dont mind). All it needs is some sort of exhaust housing and turbine wheel that still spins properly, dont care about anything else. Average size would be good, probably cant use a monster big item for what I want. Its just for a little project ;) Let me know if you have some junk laying around that you want to donate or sell for a very small amount. :)

My first car was an R31 and wow, what value for money they are imo! Cant wait to get another one, one day and turn it into a cheap drift car. Lock diff, turbo rb30, s13 coilovers - drive it until sometihng breaks and replace it cheap. RB30s can be had for cartons, the gearboxs arent too hard to find and are fairly cheap. The biggest rarity is diffs really as far as I know.

yeah there pretty cool. aesthetics is the only thing that lets them down but they make hectic drift cops. few always show up to texi and kill it

looks fun ben!

how much has the car cost you to setup all up?

IT IS LOADS OF FUN!

The car was my brothers daily before he bought is red 1600,

Roll cage is bolt in from bond and was about $1500

Seats and rails was $600

Harnesses were $300 i think

We got the wheels and tyres from our previous 1600 rally car and rally retreads cost us $300 for a set on rally casings.

It's a very cheep form of motor sport, I started off in my first car which was a R31 which was manual i bought for $150 ( there are more videos on my Youtube channel)

Khanacrosses which are the next level down which they do out at AWABA the licence needed is a Level 2 speed and to join the club and its $50 entry, and all that is needed is a fire extinguisher a blue triangle and something to hold the bonnet down and thats it.

Rallysrints have and entry requirements of at least a half cage and proper seats and such, entry is only $80 an event.

thats pretty awesome.

ant f**k the go kart idea yiu should do this.

I think id get a hot hatch ay. honda jazz or civic would be pretty cool.

thats pretty awesome.

ant f**k the go kart idea yiu should do this.

I think id get a hot hatch ay. honda jazz or civic would be pretty cool.

I will find out if i like go karts next weekend on the come and try day, you should come with jarrad, and find out what there actually about instead of being so against them..

I will find out if i like go karts next weekend on the come and try day, you should come with jarrad, and find out what there actually about instead of being so against them..

Alex runs the karts! Have you spoken to him mate?

Alex runs the karts! Have you spoken to him mate?

Nah havent had cash to play with, got an accepted offer on a house too so wont be for awhile i would say. But i put my name down for the come and try day and got the call a few weeks ago saying i was in, put my name down like 5 months ago ha, but they only run them every 3 months from memory, so i will get a taste before investing in the future

Nah havent had cash to play with, got an accepted offer on a house too so wont be for awhile i would say. But i put my name down for the come and try day and got the call a few weeks ago saying i was in, put my name down like 5 months ago ha, but they only run them every 3 months from memory, so i will get a taste before investing in the future

Sweet! You will have fun! Alex did the come and try day and owned a kart not long after ;)

are there any more spots ant? I think id enjoy it but I wouldn't get into it. I work with a guy that races and he said every race meet costs around 500 bucks each. from tyres and rebuilding your engine after every second meet etc to get the most power etc. can go to wake field for that.

hah don't you watch rally matt? half the cars are hatch backs the other half are evos and wrxs