SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

Jarrad probably can't reply as his PC and phone would have been stolen from his house :P

Chookie is off married and selling gtt :/

I'm half dead and haven't had a beer in 5.5 weeks...

Ummm that's about it!

Flying over east tonight :-). Not sure if i'll get to new though

Engine is coming back out of car. Shell will possiby be for sale shortly :-(

What's been happening? I haven't kept up with things :/

What's been happening? I haven't kept up with things :/

Just some epic oil leaking problems - caught it before the engine starved thank god... but motivation has been extremely low lately to finish the car and i'm looking for a house...so the current thought trail is too pull motor+go fast bits--> sell shell --> buy house-->find something to put motor in

How's yours going? havent been on the threads very often lately.

Jarrad probably can't reply as his PC and phone would have been stolen from his house :P

Chookie is off married and selling gtt :/

I'm half dead and haven't had a beer in 5.5 weeks...

Ummm that's about it!

What you mean half dead?

Chookie must have a very big thumbprint on his forehead then

No beer makes Homer something something

Just some epic oil leaking problems - caught it before the engine starved thank god... but motivation has been extremely low lately to finish the car and i'm looking for a house...so the current thought trail is too pull motor+go fast bits--> sell shell --> buy house-->find something to put motor in

How's yours going? havent been on the threads very often lately.

At least you got a motor

What you mean half dead?

Chookie must have a very big thumbprint on his forehead then

No beer makes Homer something something

Lol, i am still half alive too ya kent! Stop focussing on the negatives :P Some back/leg pain issue has been keeping me down for a while.... Nothing some GATE cant fix!

And yes we need to get Mr Chookie out one night, Carmen saw him at her work the other day so we will have to arrange to catch up at some stage!

And LOL, that will be stuck in my head for ages now ya kent :P

Lol, i am still half alive too ya kent! Stop focussing on the negatives :P Some back/leg pain issue has been keeping me down for a while.... Nothing some GATE cant fix!

And yes we need to get Mr Chookie out one night, Carmen saw him at her work the other day so we will have to arrange to catch up at some stage!

And LOL, that will be stuck in my head for ages now ya kent :P

I had a crook back a while ago

A proper remedial massage and was good as new

Yes we do need to get out one night

Will have to work out a date everyone is free

Your welcome

just fitted new gate locks on the fence. 100 bucks later... sensor lights going up on the weekend

Hook it up to power and wait for lulz

Get the sensor lights that follow you, they look pretty good

You can get those?

Oh and Newcastle council are well f**ked

Did the first delivery today ( a new roof ) and the home owner tells me that the council has had a last minute change of mind and will not let him put a new iron roof on as he has to retain the look with tiles

Pity as he probably spent around $6000 for the roof sheets and ridge caps and now isn't allowed to have it fitted

And we all thought garages where hard

are there any more spots ant? I think id enjoy it but I wouldn't get into it. I work with a guy that races and he said every race meet costs around 500 bucks each. from tyres and rebuilding your engine after every second meet etc to get the most power etc. can go to wake field for that.

hah don't you watch rally matt? half the cars are hatch backs the other half are evos and wrxs

Nah, you dont need to rebuild after every race, unless you want to win a championship. I race just for fun and times. It costs me on average $50 for a day, including fuel and mainenance, and after 4-6 days, a set of tyres. They cost $230 for a set of slicks. Its good cheap fun.

Like anything though, If you want to get serious, then it costs big money. If you want to just have a bit of fun (like going to wakefield), the its cheap as chips.

Honesly, Go-Karts are sooooo cheap compaired to running at wakefield. For one trip to wakefield, you could do a kart trackday every week for a month, including a new set of tyres.

Father-in-law and I just built a trailer to haul our karts to and from the track. It cost $150 for the materials, we welded it all together and bolted it to his 6x4" box trailer. Done.

Edited by Tonba

And still cheaper then a $25k car damaged at a trackday...

Driving a car fast on track is good fun, and is also risky (financially).. So many things can go wrong and get damaged. Even wear and tear is expensive.

A go-kart is sooooo much fun. They are crazy quick, and the speed you can pull through corners is in line with proper race cars with aero etc. not to mention they teach you so much about chassis and suspension setups.

You should at least go to a come and try day.

Edited by Tonba

And still cheaper then a $25k car damaged at a trackday...

Driving a car fast on track is good fun, and is also risky (financially).. So many things can go wrong and get damaged. Even wear and tear is expensive.

A go-kart is sooooo much fun. They are crazy quick, and the speed you can pull through corners is in line with proper race cars with aero etc. not to mention they teach you so much about chassis and suspension setups.

You should at least go to a come and try day.

Agree with you completely, thats why i got interested, tracking a car is very bloddy expensive! and you still cant actually race like you do in a kart.