SAU Community

Rego Specs

Hey all

Does anyone know if it's possible to register a car as a stripped car my four door r32 but is currently stripped and just a two seater and is bare metal on the inside I have originally planned

To use it just as a track car and buy another one for a daily but now it's not gunna work out that way so looking at getting the skyline re registered so I can get to and from work if anyone has any suggestions that'd b great cheers

I wanted to do something similar in NSW and was told it would need to be engineered and registered as a 2 seater, i am assuming the ACT is similar... But i think the answer is YES its possible but not easy...

Cool cool I Spose I should talk to an engineer then

If you have any modifications its probably a good idea before even attempting rego, i noticed your "car(s): NEORB25DET R32 4DOOR" so i would be assuming you would need that engineered for rego :)

You've already got mod plates for engine and most of the work hey? Just go talk to an engineer. Worst that can happen is that they tell you what you have to put back in to pass

Dude your gunna need EVERY SINGLE THING thats not standard engineered on the car and your QLD "mod plate" dont mean shit to ACT rego unfortunately. I assume you have many mods and this is going to be expensive. Ray spence at canberra motor works is "The Best" and John Wilson AKZ is "The Cheapest".

I spoke to Canberra connect today and they put me through to the pits who said QLD mod plates are fine in act they don't need to be redone hopefully that isn't different if I am trying to engineer extra stuff thanks for info on where to go though

ok i'd take what canberra connect says with a grain of salt though the final say will be with the inspectors at dickson.. Sorry to be such a party pooper but i have taken two modified cars through dickson and its a trying process. GOOD LUCK !

Ray is very through though and his certs. make it easier at dickson.