SAU Community

Help Needed?

Chookie!!

Ok heres the deal, My new r34 gets delivered tomorrow, it was from victoria and had rego down there, how do i go about getting it regoed in NSW?

From what i can gather it needs a Blue Slip?

Where in newcastle can i go to get one done that will overlook at FMIC?

Any help on the process would be awesome

thanks

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?fuseaction=inspectionstation.form

Smash your postcode and search. In the right hand column look for "Unregistered Light Vehicles" or something. Best thing will be to go around to a couple of them and just have a brief chat to them, say what mods the car has and gauge their reaction. Some guys can be real dream boats and be under the impression that the slightest mod is cause for failing you on your inspection, so try and weed them out. I went to four different guys who would have all definitely failed me when I had to get the Rover back on the road, some said the stupidest, most uninformed things ever.

Ended up finding a decent dude who did it no worries. Weed out the undesirables.

I went to a guy in George town for my pink slip, dunno what he'd be like for your situation but he seemed like a decent mechanic that deals with imports.

Pm me if you want details. Also goodjpb on the 34, you should hit up the meet on the 8th in charlsetown if it's on the road by then.

Ok heres the deal, My new r34 gets delivered tomorrow, it was from victoria and had rego down there, how do i go about getting it regoed in NSW?

Did this myself in October. You just need a blue slip (AUVIS inspection) and the usual (CTP). I had one workshop tell me I had to get an engineers certificate because it was an import (he was happy to recommend his mate to do it) and another workshop wanted the original compliance paperwork. After speaking to the RTA help line another place finally agreed just to do the AUVIS inspection and that was all the RTA wanted.

Edited by DekA

Okay all booked in for blueslip wednesday arvo, only thing i couldnt find was a factory exhaust, but the nismo one i have doesnt seem to be overly loud are they likely to knock me back on that?