SAU Community

Is My Castor Rod Bush F**ked?

Hey guys just looking for your opinions. I noticed awhile ago a clunking noise coming from front passenger side wheel. Didn't really look into as I haven't driven the car since but today while repairing my front bar I noticed a sticky like goo coming out of front castor rod bush (I think thats what its called anyway).

Anyone know what this is and if that could be the problem?

post-89702-0-44495900-1341111255_thumb.jpg

Its silicon that Nissan puts into the stock rubber castor rod bushes. Obviously you've noticed some problems while driving and that they've split and are leaking.

Just replace the stock bush with a nolathane one (adjustable/non-adjustable) or replacing the whole castor rod with an aftermarket adjustable one from one of the sponsors on here.

Without a clearer pic - I can't see jack mate.

I can see there's a bush, and it's black - and it still has the gap ring in it - but that "sticky gunk" wouldn't come from a bush, more likely oil.

If it was lubricant for the bush - it wouldn't be liquid.

Where are you located? If you're in Western Sydney - I could come and have a look.

Your sway bar link D-Bush seems a bit stretched mate, that I can see.

Edited by FrakMunkie

If leaking then yes time to change, do not want that stuff on your drive way ! superpro goes for a good price i got some superpro from JDM obsession.

+1 for both Superpro and JDM Obsession. The A in the part number that Lachlan quoted indicates its adjustable, so it gives you a bit more flexibility in the alignment setup. Skylines like more castor...

• 2 weeks later...