SAU Community

Engine Bay Relay Box Plug?

Plattsy

hey guys i have a plug that is disconnected, its a brown wire inside the box and runs thru the bottom, its connected to the shell via a clip but it is not plugged into anything? any idea what it is? also i have an earth strap connected to the shell/chassis above the cat convertor, its sheared at the other end where should that connect?!

one last one.......

there is a small plug under the drivers seat that is disconnected?

any ideas/answers are greatfully recieved! thanks fellas!

Without a picture to identify which plug you are referring (because these are so many) it is difficult to identify which on it is.

They run a few earth straps on the engine and exhaust so that the coolent does not become charged and erode the radiator/block so work out a way to reattach the earth cable.

The plug under the drivers seat is connected to the seat belt buckle and when you plug in the seat belt it turns off the seat belt light.

Could explain the rusty coolant I dropped a few weeks ago! I'll check te seat belt light! And the plug sorry for no picture but there genuinely is only one hanging out of mine!

Thanks again!

I dunno what it does but I do know on mine, just under that plug another wire comes through a rubber bung. I would have though you would be able to see the hole in that photo though... Series 1 or 2?

Edit just went out to have a look and just next to those 2 bits sticking out of the paint work is where the wire comes out. You dont have a hole there...

Edited by GoHard