SAU Community

Newcastle And Central Coast 26/8/2012 Cruise To Singleton

m.j.h

Okay after an informal meeting last night (drinks at the pub) it was decided that the next cruise should be to Singleton

The plan is to go the back way via Maitland Vale road through Stanhope, Elderslie and then up towards Gresford turning off at Gresford rd and heading into singleton

We can then have lunch at either the Imperial (an 1800's style pub) or the Albion ( down near the train station) and from there head back home via the highway or your choice of country road

I think th best meet point would be the BP at the end of the F3 that way if you need to fuel up you can meet from 9.30 for a 10.00am departure with some nice roads scenery etc and hopefully a good feed at the end

We had a good first meet so let's keep it going

See you all there

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very well engineered bypass that is one of my favourite roads...and it is relatively new as well

It is a bypass from East Maitland (you turn right at the melbourne street lights, then left just past the United Petrol Station) and its a nice engineered road that goes through to Bolwarra...I know this because I live in Bolwarra (^^♪

I've been too singleton a few times, there is a section of road on that highway there where a Mobile Speed Camera is often perched.

There is a very well engineered bypass that is one of my favourite roads...and it is relatively new as well

It is a bypass from East Maitland (you turn right at the melbourne street lights, then left just past the United Petrol Station) and its a nice engineered road that goes through to Bolwarra...I know this because I live in Bolwarra (^^♪

I've been too singleton a few times, there is a section of road on that highway there where a Mobile Speed Camera is often perched.

Where have you been hiding?

Yeah I know that road well, use it all the time when I'm up that way. One day I might see the big cat finished but looks like the owner has stopped work on it or given up

Yeah cops love the new England but as long as you do the limit and slow down at the road works through Branxton etc you have no problem

Just fix it uve got a week lol

Jim Berry needs the clutch for a week to build......

^^^^^yeah mat do it you know you want to, or just swap out for the 26 gathering dust in the shed? :D or donate to me ill use it ha

Hahaha shhhhhhhhh no-one is meant to know that man!

i dont have it now :( we can go borrow it off ryans brother n suprise him? haha

umm yeah if you want to dude, im gunna service it this week, think its a tad over due now..

i will see if we can get a small convoy from start of freeway to end? would be kool ill even bring cameras this time :D

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• There's probably an underlying issue with the A/C system too. I recently fixed mine, now it's fully control by the Haltech and car's factory HVAC controller  Have a squiz here:    
    • And by the way, I've also checked the ECU diagnostic numerous times and got a bad O2 sensor code and initially an Ignition Primary code, which is why I replaced the O2 sensor and all the ignition components (coil packa, plug and loom). No codes have been coming up lately despite the ongoing issue.
    • Hey pber13, unfortunately still no luck. At this point the following has been done with little or no success: - Spark plugs replaced, gapped to 0.8mm - Splitfire coilpacks installed to replace originals - Replaced Ignition Coil/Coilpack harness with a new genuine nissan one - New fuel filter - Replaced AFM/MAF sensor - Injectors have been thoroughly cleaned with an online flush (without removing) - Upper engine and inlet decarbed - blew tons of black smoke out, cleared the carbon deposits from the top of the engine and exhaust.  - IACV removed and thoroughly cleaned with carburettor cleaner - O2 sensor replaced with new and genuine one -  Smoke test revealed no vacuum leaks - Healthy compression test of 160psi across all 6 cylinders Overall the car does run a lot smoother now, no backfires between gear shifts like it did originally... but the rough idle when warmed up is still there. It may not even be a misfire but simply a rough idle. Seems crazy to me that so many people have had this issue and seemingly no one has gotten to the bottom of it, or at least never bothered to post if they did! Hope you have more luck than I did pber13, I'm at a point now where I'm just going to try to ignore it unless it gets worse. Would love to fix it but I've genuinely run out of ideas of what it could be.
    • I got the full frenchys kit too. Really awesome kit. Easy to install my only complaint was the hardlines I think could be routed differently (I modified mine) but I realise the kit needs to suit multiple applications. This was the hard lines before I modified them. They were touching the wastegate pipe. I ended up reducing the distance between firewall and first bend. The made it so they tucked along the frame rail.
    • Deeve, I don't suppose that you've made any progress on this? My Stagea has the exact same problem, and just like you, I've read through as much as I can online, with no real progress. My car isn't throwing any codes at all, which is a little frustrating. I've changed plugs, checked the wiring and harness. A new MAF gets here next week, but I'm not hopeful it will solve the issue.