SAU Community

Vehicle Freight

Hey Guys/Gals,

Been looking through previous topics etc about this to find advice on what option is best. Im bringing a R34 GT-R over from Perth to Sydney.

Have spoken to CEVA got a quote for $750 for normal transport depot to depot and $1700 for Race/Prestige in enclosed container.

I really want to keep the car out of the elements on its journey, should this be a concern or will normal be fine? I want the container but not the price haha.

Willing to pay up to $1200 there abouts. Any ideas or anyone done this before? Would rail be an option?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Justin

$1700 sounds like a fair price to me.

8 pallet spaces from Perth to Sydney would be at least that for general freight, so a car, enclosed, on the same trip for $1700 sounds right.

Thanks guys. Yeah it does sound reasonable for what it is. And I suppose you do get what you pay for.

Will make some more calls and see what else I can come up with and let you know.

:)

Peace of mind having the car in an enclosed container is great too, does that price include insurance? I can imagine the look on my face if i got a giant box delivered to me, opening it up and seeing a R34 GTR.. mmmmm!

Goodluck bro.

This may help - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/376895-getting-a-car-transported-from-perth-to-sydney/

Its from when I was looking at bringing one over from Perth.

A few different companies listed in there.

Trust me, you're $1700 container quote is a bargain compared to what I was quoted a few months ago (by the same company).

^ Holy shizzle. $3K+ that does make my $1700 look great now. Im leaning towards biting the bullet and paying it for the race prestige just for the fact that the front diffuser isn't going to get mashed, there will be no dust etc on the car. Sorry missed your topic on my search, it's a mission but all be worth it in the long run.

@ Sean - Yeh man it's going to be like a big christmas present. Open the container and just zomg jizz. Hahaha

^ Yeah man that Nullabor straight is pretty impressive. I have done it a few times. Still patrolled by Highway Patrol too, as I found out the hard way hehe.

*Update* New quote through www.automove.com.au for Syd-Perth in an enclosed container (condition: min ride height >10cm all round) $1495. Will post the company that it will be going with as soon as im aware!

Cheers!

^ Yeah man that Nullabor straight is pretty impressive. I have done it a few times. Still patrolled by Highway Patrol too, as I found out the hard way hehe.

*Update* New quote through www.automove.com.au for Syd-Perth in an enclosed container (condition: min ride height >10cm all round) $1495. Will post the company that it will be going with as soon as im aware!

Cheers!

WOW $1495 for enclosed container. Damn, that is a hell of a bargain right there my friend.

Cheers!

cheaper than jakarta to ashmore reef ;)