SAU Community

Burnout With V35 300Gt

Irsyad

Even if you turn off VDC your going to have a hard time doing a burnout in an auto V35

Reason being is as a safety feature

When you press the accelerator and the break pedal at the same time, the the engine has its power cut to about 20%. Why you ask? well remember not so long ago all those people in Toyotas in the US who had their cars accelerator jam and then ended up driving along at 100mph+ to their deaths as they were too stupid to turn the key to the off position or move the gear stick into neutral. Most cars these days have engines powerful enough to overpower the brakes and as the brakes get hotter unless your running high temp pads the less they work. The whole idea is that if your pedal gets jammed as soon as you press the break pedal the engine has its power reduced to a level that the brakes are able to deal with and slow the car down

Now you wonder how dose one bypass this in order to do a burnout?

Pull off the fuse box kick panel in the car and remove the brake light fuse, now this may take some trial and error if you cant read Japanese

Once the fuse is removed the car wont know that you are pressing the break pedal and allow 100% of the cars power to be used

As you may notice by my avatar I may have had some experience doing this myself :P

My 2001 model 300GT did not have this feature :P

I don't have a definitive answer, but many have stated that if you just press the VDC off button, that it does still work if you exceed 60km/h or really get out of shape. I have also heard if you hold it down for 10sec, it turns off completly..

Haven't actually tested any of this myself though. - and no idea if it impacts wanabe said..

I thought the 2001 300gt didn't come with VDC?

The 2001 300GT did not come with VDC note the quote of one of my other replys, they didnt come with it until 03 i believe.

My 2001 model 300GT did not have this feature :P