SAU Community

Engine Light Coming On After Heaters Have Been On

gogglez-10

Not convinced the heater is causing your problem, just a likely coincidence. If you can give it a boot on the throttle and it comes good and you have about 100xxx km on the clock then guess what....my first guess is coils. If youre not convinced then put the ecu into diagnostic mode and count the flashes, or pay for a consult to say you have an intermittent ignition problem and be none the wiser.

if you wanna test it.... supa cheap will sell you a tube of heat silicone for like 20 bucks, pull them out and cover each coil pack in it. mine use to heat up and then arc out against the block. if you have the cash buy new ones i guess.

hey wolverine, no disrespect bro but

CRC Urethane Seal Coat Temperature Resistance Should not exceed 100°C

most heat resistant silicones have a HR of around 300°C

Sure a spray might be neater but i dont think itll have half the insulating properties as a decent heat resistant silicone or heat resistant gasket sealer.

the bonus is you wont see it as its under the coil pack cover.

cheers

Yeah did think about that could the afm being shit cause this the cars at 94000 but when i turn the car off and start it again the light goes off and drives fine

i think it was shit fuel haven't had it since i have run 2 full tanks of premium through it but coils are on the list when i do my 100,000 service

AFM? Is more likely to cause poor running and stalling. Can of AFM cleaner from local auto parts shop about 20 bucks, take off AFM and squirt clean.

The light going off when you switch off and back on is normal.

Ttry giving it a big kick in the guts when its missing (in gear up to 5000 rpm or so). Might need 2 or 3 kicks but usually will make it run on 6 again.

Shit fuel? Only ever run 98. My favourite is Vortex from the yellow and red company with the scallop for a logo.

Coils and plugs? Well it's up to you on how deep your pockets are when you do timing belt, water pump, seals / gaskets, fluids at 100xxx km

Looking like an expensive service, add about 750 bucks to your parts budget.

Dont tell me, the problem has gone away cos you switched your heater off??

Ran Super Sparks on a RSV, no dramas.

Other folks will say use the Yellow Jackets. I would say everyone has a preference.

Think there are some new supersparks for sale on here, just make a search in the for sale section.

Same for plugs, you can get a set for cheaper if you want to pull the top off every time you oil change.

Best of luck getting the parts and solving that miss.