SAU Community

Tdx2 Installed :)

I got the TDX2 exhaust system from Motordyne about 2-3 weeks ago and it has been on the car for about 2 weeks now.

First off installation didn't take that long (I didn't do it myself got an exhaust place to do it for me), it was apparently quite tight in some places but I expected that from what I have read off the interwebs.

When I drove the car for the first time, my initial reaction was 'this is LOUD!'. There is a kind of drone whilst in the lower rev range but when you open the throttle, it sounds amazing! The best bit about it is if your driving along the highway or at a set speed its as quiet as stock.

I got some pics and a video (although with some rather tame revving of the engine):

Box:

DSC_1737.jpg

The whole system laid out:

DSC_1743.jpg

Video:

th_TDX2.jpg

If anyone is interested I can post how much it ended up costing all up, for anybody thinking of getting it.

Edited by xj265

Awesome! So you just got the MD TDX V2 without the ART pipes? I am yet to hear how it sounds without the test pipes, meant to be insane with them!

Please do, post how much it cost you delivered i'm in QLD too so it should be similar

Yeah I only got the TDX2 no ART pipes, I wanted to keep it legal however I'm sure its already illegal due to its loudness haha

So all up it was:

1635 (TDX2)+

547.57 (delivery to my door)+

348.52(Custom and GST charges)

$2531.09

Please keep your opinions to yourself on whether you would spend this much or not

Even with stock cats, there is still a fair bit of 'gargle' from the exhaust. With HFC and espically ART pipes I should imagine there would be a lot more 'gargle'. I might look into getting some HFC but I don't want ART pipes.

I'll get some audio of my setup for you Sean.

Please do

Yeah I only got the TDX2 no ART pipes, I wanted to keep it legal however I'm sure its already illegal due to its loudness haha

So all up it was:

1635 (TDX2)+

547.57 (delivery to my door)+

348.52(Custom and GST charges)

$2531.09

Please keep your opinions to yourself on whether you would spend this much or not

Even with stock cats, there is still a fair bit of 'gargle' from the exhaust. With HFC and espically ART pipes I should imagine there would be a lot more 'gargle'. I might look into getting some HFC but I don't want ART pipes.

I kind of like the gargle, the system is definitely one of the best for the VQ IMO. That price is expected, shipping absolutely kills us!

Yeah I get in cabin drone from 1.5k rpm to 2.5k rpm, it worse going uphill. I think auto box has got a lot too do with it, I don't get it using tiptronic mode.

Been thinking a MD ART -> MD XYZ with HFC -> Exotic Speed R1-T setup lately, Shiva maybe you can try out that setup since you got the Exotic Speed R1-T?

As I'll most likely be installing my Berk HFC on, instead of that setup.

(null)

running low on cash now dude...maybe later....however, whats the price that i wud be looking at getting this??

ART Pipes = $550 USD

XYZ with HFC = $550 USD

Shipping = $400 USD?

Total = $1500 USD?

Hey all, since there's been a lot talk and interested in Motordyne products, particularly the Shockwave TDX2 Cat-Back Exhaust System. I've seeked a quote for the Shockwave TDX2 Cat-Back Exhaust System including shipping and so on, based on a 10 unit purchase.

Also there are a number of other Motordyne products that you may be interested in, such as ART Pipes, XYZ Pipe and Sway Bars. So express your interest via private message in which product you want by next Thursday (18th October 2012), so I'm able to provide the group buy facilitator the exact numbers to get a quote for.

Now the way the shipping will probably happen is that each buyer will provide the shipping address and the shipping quote will be individual to each buyer and the items will be shipped directly to the buyer (unless you can team up with someone in your own city), this will save cost on double handling. Note, that most of the savings will be on the units itself and there may be savings on the shipping too.

As always with group buys, the more buyers there is, the lesser the cost will be to each person on the units. So if you are intending to get these down the track, I suggest you get onboard and if you don't have the funds then borrow some money, as this will probably save you a fair bit down the track.

Looking to close the group buy and make payements by Thursday on the 1st November 2012, as there will be lead time on some of the products and shipping time. Also, we would want to get in before December comes, as they will be delays with holidays and the amount of shipping that occurs with the Christmas period.