SAU Community

Rwc Testers, That Know The Mod Laws Etc ?

Dan_J

hey guys,

so my rwc place that usually go to didn't pass me ( no charge) as they're not upto date on the mod laws.

car is mostly stock, modded smartly

fmic

airbox

hiflow

things i'm unsure about

full set of rose joint arms

coilovers

3 inch turbo back

oil cooler with filter relocation kit

recaro seat on trail rail

so i'm just after suggestion on rwc testers that are up to date with the current modification laws

thanks

:)

Edited by Dan_J

hey guys,

so my rwc place that usually go to didn't pass me ( no charge) as they're not upto date on the mod laws.

car is mostly stock, modded smartly

fmic

airbox

hiflow

things i'm unsure about

full set of rose joint arms

coilovers

3 inch turbo back

oil cooler with filter relocation kit

recaro seat on trail rail

so i'm just after suggestion on rwc testers that are up to date with the current modification laws

thanks

If you get some one who is up onm the rules you will probably get knocked back on coil overs (only 1 or 2 brands are legal), recaro if there is not adr compliant label on it and arms if they are also not adr compliant.

Pretty certain rose joint = instant fail. So any RWC is within their right to tell you it's not in a RW condition.

Coilovers/suspension mods are ok as long as it retains a certain amount of travel. There is something listed on VicRoads website about modification under the Vehicle Standard Information (VSI). I forget what number VSI is was, it might be 8 or 12 off the top of my head.

If the seat does not recline, instant fail as well unless you re-rego as a 2 seater and remove rear belts

If you get some one who is up onm the rules you will probably get knocked back on coil overs (only 1 or 2 brands are legal), recaro if there is not adr compliant label on it and arms if they are also not adr compliant.

What coil over brands are legal ?

Tein (if sold from Fulcurm Suspensions) springs to mind, as for others, I don't have the clue.

EDIT: If brought from Japan and doesn't have ADR something, it's illegal as far as I understand.

Edited by Count Grantleyish

sorry dont mean to be a k*nt but all responses were not helpful, just need a list of places to go to that know the current mod laws

dont care if i get knocked back on things that need to be changed but these guys had no clue due to the current mod laws

they passed me with coilovers, 3" turbo back while back before the new law came in

Get out the yellow pages and ask them, you won't find any one recommending one as there the ones we avoid, just because the government say it's illegal don't mean shit, most of the stuff is safe it just doesn't have the adr stamp in it.

sorry dont mean to be a k*nt but all responses were not helpful, just need a list of places to go to that know the current mod laws

dont care if i get knocked back on things that need to be changed but these guys had no clue due to the current mod laws

So we have told you what you will get knocked back, if you go somewhere that knows.

Would be logical to attend to it and then go to a RWC place, anywhere should do it.

well i've got some legal mods and other that i'm unsure about altho if the rwc places have no clue i've be put everything back to stock just because they're not in the know

meh lock thread