SAU Community

R34 Doors Locking Themselves.

Lina34

My car's doors have recently started looking by them self, it seems to happen after I start the car or turn the car off...The car has central locking and an alarm fitted. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

My car's doors have recently started looking by them self, it seems to happen after I start the car or turn the car off...The car has central locking and an alarm fitted. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Has the battery been disconnected lately? or run flat?

Odds are the alarm is defaulted to lock the doors after car starts , anti carjack feature and its not a bad idea these days just watch locking your keys in the car lol and servicing it roll a window down first so you can reach in to unlock it , lots of repair shops lock the keys in with the engine on from that feature

If not go to alarm installer and have them reprogram the feature to off

some cars come with that feature as a factory / dealer option as well ?

Thanks, nah the battery hasn't been disconnected or run flat...I had another look and the doors lock whenever I put the key in the ignition or take the key out.

I'm not to worried about it because I can just unlock the door and get out, I just think it's weird that it only just started happening last night...I'll keep an eye on it for now and see what happens.