SAU Community

R32 boot questions

ok.. I cleaned out my boot the other day (replacing my subs to increase the limited boot space) and I found out my boot light has been removed (just the bulb) can someone tell me the part number for it as it'd be handy to see my boot at night.

Also with the "ski port" is there meant to be a backing plate? because I don't have one - I can see the foam for the back seats. I believe there should be one. Anyone know where I can get one?

Cheers.

not sure about the part number

but i am pritty sure that its only a cut peice of grey platic that slides in and held by some tabs...looks poor

had the same thing in the back of my r31 gts-x

i thought the person who had it before had just put it there but when i saw the same plastic material in my r32 i came to the conclusion it came from nissan

my 2 cents

Aaron

mine has the grey plastic panel on the boot side & a bolted in steel panel on the seat side which is, i'm assuming, what you were talking about. the rear seat has to be removed to get the steel panel.

A jap wreckers should be able to sort you out. if not, there is a few lads dismantling r32s in the parts for sale section

mine has the grey plastic panel on the boot side & a bolted in steel panel on the seat side which is, i'm assuming, what you were talking about. the rear seat has to be removed to get to the steel panel.

A jap wreckers should be able to sort you out. if not, there is a few lads dismantling r32s in the parts for sale section

hmmm...yeah I think it's the grey plastic thing you guys are talking about. I think I might just get some MDF and cut it to size. I thought it'd be metal or something like that (something strong enough for me to screw my amp into).

thanks for the help guys.

I still need to part number for the bulb. :)

as i said

there is a metal one that goes in the seat side. if you can see the seats from the boot you are missing both the plastic & metal one. the metal plate also has hooks to hold up the centre of the seat so its not just held up at each end.

if you fit the metal one you might lose a little bass from you sub. & occasionally they rattle so you are prob better off without it anyway