SAU Community

Tim's N15 Sss Pulsar With A Twist - Neo Vvl

Battery in the boot is complete!

Had no issues at all.

Here's a few crap night photo's. It tidies up the engine bay alot!

20130125_204811_zps5b5a441d.jpg

20130125_204929_zpsd46e43f4.jpg

20130125_204905_zps8fa6651f.jpg

I didn't get a chance to paint that hold down clamp, that will be this weekends job.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot mate!

Yeah dude, that was most of the reason behind moving the battery to the boot as i wouldn't be able to fit a 3.5" intake there. Yeah the whole LHS of the engine bay will become the airbox, so i'll be able to do a nice intake with bugger all radius in the bend, if any at all. Once i get my new intake manifold to suit the Q45 throttle body i'll be starting the intake.

Edited by TimmyMA70

I test fitted my JMR headers today, I wanted to test fit them so i can order all the mandrel bends to make the mid pipe. They had a few minor fitting issues. Nothing I won't be able to iron out though :)

Cylinder 1 pipe was made a little too close to the alternator, we are talking millimeters. So I'll have to heat them up with the oxy and bend them a little.

I had to remove my AC lines to fit them, it was mainly the low pressure line that was fouling. Once I fitted them I put the lines back on, with a slight tweak you could get them to fit again, though I don't think I'm going to worry about it.

20130127_152529_zps90c43ead.jpg

Thanks mate :)

If I eventually get off these 12hr night shifts I'll be able to get a bit more done. The next thing will be a 3" exhaust. I rang all the local exhaust shops and a few in Sydney, though most shops want $900 upwards for a 3" mild steel catback, keep in mind I'll be supplying all my own cat, resonator and muffler.

I thought about it and I might have a go at making my own exhaust. Order all the things I'll need from bestmufflers.com.

My oldies have a workshop with a 4 post hoist and a mig etc. So might give it a crack, I'll think about it for the next few days and make a decision.

Another minor update, it wasn't necessary, though it will make tuning a bit easier.

20130206_194457_zps54fe4e50.jpg

20130206_194357_zps656b8083.jpg

I originally thought the top cam gear was a fake, I later confirmed off RHDJapan that the top cam gear was Tomei's earlier design. So all good :)